RECIPES

Friday 1 November 2019

A Lovely Garden

It has been a long day today.  Left home early and headed north to visit some old friends that I'd not seen for a while.  Had a lovely time with them and it was great to look around their cottage garden.  I had a difficult drive home again as the wind was so strong and the traffic was heavy, so I am happy to be home safe!
These photos are of their garden, a place that flows with the seasons and provides a plentiful supply of fruit and vegetables and a year-round display of flowers.  It is a joy to wander around and discover all the little hidden gems in the most unlikely places.










A garden can bring great joy - and a lot of hard work! - into the lives of those who tend them.

Keep smiling,
Margaret.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is my sort of garden - rambling with little bits of interest here and there. And they have sweet peas flowering......my mother's favourite....unfortunately a plant I can never get to grow here in my Melbourne garden.
    Another scorcher here today - into the 30s with a strong north wind blowing. Hopefully the predicted cool change arrives.....soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden, how lovely to have been able to visit. The winds don't sound nice, glad you got home safely. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to visit other gardens, and get a few new ideas. I would be lost without my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that a garden like that has a wonderful therapeutic quality about it. Glad you arrived home safe and sound after the challenging drive,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That garden makes me smile. A lot of work but so worth it! Our gardens are put to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the garden and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That garden seems so peaceful. I especially love the pink roses in the first photo. I'm glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx