RECIPES

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Flowers And Birds




After dropping grand-daughter off at school this morning, I drove across town to visit Hamilton Gardens once again.  A new garden, the Picturesque Garden, was opened on Monday and I especially wanted to see it.  However, arriving early at the Gardens meant I was able to avoid the crowds and so I wandered around a lot more and thought I would write about what I saw today.  I will post about the new garden tomorrow.

There was a peacock making a dreadful noise in the Herb Garden.



The scarecrow in the Sustainable Backyard has been changed from the one I talked about a few days ago.  I don't think this one is nearly as nice.



There were frogs croaking in the waters of the Tropical Garden, but they were not visible.



White Fantail Pigeons were making reflections in the Japanese Garden Of Contemplation.



Delphiniums were flowering in the English Garden.



Foxgloves were under the trees on the edge of the Rhododendron Lawn.



Pink, white and yellow water-lilies are in full bloom on Turtle Lake.



Three different families of ducklings were taking an outing under Mama Duck’s chaperonage.


Altogether, I had a lovely morning strolling around the Gardens.  I hope your day has gone well too.

Back tomorrow,
Margaret.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely place spend some time....well worth the time it took to get there. Maybe the spooky scarecrow was a nod to Hallowe'en. I always think water lilies are a joy to see and who doesn't smile at the sight of Mumma Duck and little ones



    ReplyDelete
  2. As our gardens close down in the UK, it's lovely to see yours starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that lovely tour around the garden it is a very special place - thought the scarecrow a bit creepy though. Loved the ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peacocks seem to have become an obligatory component of gardens around the world. It is ironic that many people become more familiar with this species than they do with much of their native avifauna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful place for a stroll. So much to see in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That garden seems so peaceful and lovely. Nice that you could walk there before a lot of other people arrived.
    Peacocks are so pretty but ever so noisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a place. Really relaxing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx