RECIPES

Saturday 16 November 2019

Makeover Two And Three


RECORDING MY JOURNEY and TRACKING AND SUPPORT

To record my makeover journey and to help keep me on track, I am setting up a journal that will hold everything and anything, from the goals I set to the food I eat and the exercise programmes I follow.  My notebook choice is a Bullet Journal as I like the dotted pages to help me plan headings etc. 




I want this journal to be a fun book, a happy book, something that fills me with excitement when I use it.  When I find some pretty stickers to purchase, then it will be decorated.  I may even put a dab of essential oil (I love lavender and sandalwood, so probably one of those two) inside the back cover.

I am already working on the first pages – a title page, the story of why I am doing this, The Plan itself, my notes about step one setting a goal, motivators I can use, affirmations, and a food diary. 


The Food Diary is a very important part of my journey.  I have read that those who keep a record of everything they consume are much more aware of what they are doing, and therefore have a much greater chance of not only losing the excess weight but also of keeping it off.  

I am starting this immediately as I hope it will reveal any hidden patterns I may have regarding my eating habits, e.g., overeating when tired, snacking too much, not drinking enough water etc.  I only record the time and what I have eaten as I don’t want this to become burdensome, but I know some people like to record extra things as well, such as how they feel, why they are eating, even who they are eating with. 


The other important pages I have are to record weight and measurements.  I have decided to take my measurements every four weeks, but my weight weekly.  I know there is no way I can stay away from the scales for longer than a week!  I can last a week but then I would want to peep to see what was happening.  To keep myself on track, I have loaded “appointments” into my phone to weigh-in every Wednesday morning and measure myself every fourth Wednesday.

Support is important as well.  I am really appreciating the support I have been receiving so far from you, my Blogland Friends.  I know my close family are supporting me as well, and I am receiving professional advice from my medical centre.


This is such an exciting journey to be on,
Margaret.

18 comments:

  1. I love your new journal and the beginning pages. I'm a great list maker and I love decorated pages. Lovely stickers will be a nice addition for your pages.
    Did you check back for my reply to your comment? I wasn't sure if I should reply here or there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly new to decorated pages. I keep a diary in a bullet journal and love doing little doodles etc., but haven't set out specifically to make it a Fun Book. I am enjoying putting this one together.

      Delete
  2. I love journals. I looked up 'bullet journal'. A journal to make your own it seems. Great idea. The new diary in a digital age, somewhere to note your past, write your present and plan your future. Might investigate one for myself!
    Definitely have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all sorts of ideas online on how to use these journals. The idea is you can do whatever you want in it, wherever and whenever you want to. I like the idea of past, present and future all rolled in together. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. Your journal looks wonderful, certainly fancier than the one I am keeping for the same purpose. I am sure it will be a great motivator. Weekly weigh ins are good, not too often, but just enough. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Serenata. I hope you achieve your goals as well.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are really embracing this, Margaret, and the discipline of keeping the journal will help immensely. I am glad that you have chosen to do it in the way that you have rather than doing it on line. I am sure there will be a greater sense of immediacy by doing it this way, and you will have the added pleasure of personalizing it along the way. Adding your favourite fragrance sounds like a great idea,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun creating this journal. I was hoping fun would add to my excitement of a new lifestyle and help me to keep on track. So far so good!

      Delete
  5. I love the journal idea and the measuring. It’s about more than weight. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to concentrate just on weight - it would be too depressing LOL. I'm aiming for a total lifestyle change to be healthier, part of which is not weighing as much!

      Delete
  6. I should do a food journal...but need to set some other goals...maybe you will inspire me. LOL I have so many things I need to do and sometimes have trouble making myself do them. I used to always be one to get things done till I could do the fun things like sew, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't beat yourself up too much, Rose. There are always things that need to be done, just do something every day and then do what you enjoy most. Be happy :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Margaret, my husband's uncle, Charlie Norman, did a lot of work there in the Hamilton Rose Garden many years ago when they were being established. We live in the Rangitikei, but were in Papakura, and Lake Tarawera for many years.Lovely journal idea, that way there is no escaping the facts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen photos of the early days when they began changing the area from a rubbish dump into a garden. It must have taken a lot of hard work, but the results are certainly beautiful today.

      Delete
  8. Well I wish you the very best of reward for your efforts (I don't think luck enters into it).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx