RECIPES

Monday 11 November 2019

Too Many Recipes


Monday is the day for housework, so that all got done this morning.  Then it was time to catch up with a friend for an hour, before having a lunch of cold corned beef with salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, kumara chips and salad dressing).  The weather has been warm with a bit of a breeze and increasing cloud. 

Son has had a day off work today (he worked all weekend) and has been out in the garden, beginning the demolishing of a garden bed that is unwanted.  He also moved the position of our rustic wobbly garden seat.  The cats love that seat (it is not strong enough for humans to sit on) and were soon checking it out. 

Mittens investigated and gave it her approval and is now curled up in the chair beside me. 


Mittens checking out the rustic chair


Millie was next.  She sat beneath the chair and had a wash before curling up for a long cat-nap.  Now Teenie is out there, sitting on the arm and keeping a wary eye on any activity around her.   With summer approaching the cats are all losing their winter coats.  Millie and Mittens are both fluffy and leave patches of black fur behind them wherever they sit.

This afternoon I decided it must be time to back-up some of my computer files.  I lost a lot of records and some photo files last year when my main computer went down and then my main back-up hard-drive decided to corrupt itself.  Thankfully I did have another (older) back-up copy of the hard-drive so never lost everything.  I am now syncing my back-ups between two different hard-drives so they have the same files.  Computers!

The laptop I now use has very limited memory so I am inclined to work off one or other of my hard-drives.  The files that I use a lot I have loaded into my laptop, but its memory is close to capacity and I need to weed out some things.  What a shock to discover I have over 8500 “items” stored in my Cooking folder on the computer!  I think some of them are webpages, but even so.  Me thinks that is one folder that needs some serious weeding and certainly does not need to be on the laptop!  Surely I don’t have that many copies of actual recipes, so there must be a lot of double-ups in the folders within that folder.

A day out planned for tomorrow – mundane things like a routine doctor's appointment and a bit of shopping.

Take care,
Margaret

9 comments:

  1. I keep all my photos on a seperate hard drive, which I can take anywhere with me. I don't have a laptop, I prefer a desktop and an iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost nearly two years of photos with my hard-drive corrupting. Now I have the rest of them on two separate hard-drives. Someone said I could put them in the "cloud" but that is a bit beyond my technical ability!

      Delete
  2. If you are like us you see a recipe that looks interesting and save it. Most of them never get used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, David. Very few of them get used. I still make the same old things, even though I have all these recipes on the computer and an even larger collection in my huge stash of cooking books. But it is so much fun reading and dreaming!

      Delete
  3. I hate computer issues. I always need someone else to fix them.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kumara chips....that just jumped out at me. Kumara, yum. Sweet potato is just not the same .
    Love your cats. Our wild ones like around all over the outdoor furniture too

    ReplyDelete
  5. A purrfect snuggle seat, seems to have the seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile when I read how many recipes you have kept on file. And that, like me, you mostly make the same old favourites in spite of all the new ones. They're just fun to read and imagine that we'll make 'some day'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to have a good cleanout of our computers/laptops once in a while. Mr Cat (my daughter's cat) is very happy that we have fine weather now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.