RECIPES

Thursday 12 March 2020

Trying Again

Several people had trouble viewing my photos on yesterday's post (Geothermal Wonders) and I have not been able to find a way of fixing the issue so I will reload them today and see how we go.

Steam fumarole in a public park

A sulphur deposit

Lakes of boiling water

A waterfall of hot water

A very active pool of mud

Various colours in the hot water

Pohutu Geyser in Rotorua (1972)

Hopefully the photos will all upload correctly today.

It will be a bit of a sad day today as I have a funeral to attend - the 90 year old mother of one of my sisters-in-law has died.  I knew her many years ago when we lived in the same district.
It is always hard when one loses that last remaining parent.

Margaret.

Postscript:
I have just been looking at the News online, and see the World Health Organisation has declared COVID-19 (the coronavirus) a pandemic.  Very sad to see this happen as it will now cause so much more fear among people.
This virus appears to be highly contagious but, realistically, you are probably more likely to die from influenza than COVID-19.
Nevertheless, take care everyone.  Margaret xx

15 comments:

  1. Much better. Now I see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I was just going to suggest that you try loading them one at a time and not all at once. Anyway Now we can see them. They are a lovely reminder to me of my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly an amazing place and your photos are awesome!


    Your link-up at 'My Corner of the World' is very much appreciated!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, I cannot imagine this being normal, everyday sight. Also kind of scary...but oh, so fascinating.

    Sorry for the loss of your of your friend/family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to be able to see all the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to reload them.

    It is indeed sad to lose a parent and doubly so when it's the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... I love those photos. Your country is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of Rotorua. I had missed yesterday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, well, blogger is for free, so... you cannot even complain!
    This time all pics are there and it´s some amazing sights to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Iris. Perhaps we will say I was explaining and not complaining. Blogger is free, and I appreciate that as I enjoy writing this blog, and reading all the blogs that I follow.

      Delete
  9. WOW! These certainly are amazing sights to see!

    Stay safe! Praying that the pandemic will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are amazing! First time ever, some of my pictures didn't load. I tried again this morning and it worked...at least I think so. Oh, I hope this pandemic ends soon too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, thanks for reloading the photos. I recently had the same trouble with my photos on my blog.
    We have similar sights here in Yellowstone NP. They are amazing to see. Take care and stay well. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos are incredible. I would love to see that area! Thank you for sharing, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes I agree with you about the corona virus, the way I look at it is that more people die of hunger in our world than this, except for those with health issues others seem to be recovering from it, can't be any worse than when I had swine flu over 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx