RECIPES

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Buying Plants

Today I have been to Cambridge and visited Oderings Garden Centre for a few plants.  They were having an autumn sale so I was quite happy to receive discount on most of my purchases.


I bought a mixture of flower plants, herb plants and vegetable seedlings, plus the rhubarb plant.  I thought the name, "Gran's Favourite", was quite appropriate as I (the grandmother) am the only one in this household who enjoys rhubarb.

The weather today and yesterday has been isolated showers so we have had some good watering on our lawn and gardens.  There is a definite feel of autumn in the air, so I think I could say that our drought has ended although officially they are saying it still exists.


I have also ordered some vegetable and herb seeds online, and they should arrive within the next few days.

All I need to do now is plant everything!

Margaret.

12 comments:

  1. I´m waiting till the Ice Saints have passed, then I´ll plant too.
    Once I had rhubarb - it was sour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhubarb is always sour. I can't eat it without loads of sugar being added :)

      Delete
  2. I treid growing rhubarb in a huge tub, which has not worked, which is a shame as we both love it. Nice mix of herbs and plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have grown rhubarb successfully in a container. It was in a very heavy potting mix, so maybe that was the secret. Or you may have just had a dud plant, as happens sometimes.

      Delete
  3. I am happy when the first rhubarb i harvested in the garden.
    It is the first cake with fresh fruit... wonderful to bake :-)) delicious with whipped cream and coffee.
    Have fun in the garden.
    Greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that there is a city called Cambridge in every English-speaking country in the world! We have one right here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right - they are all over the place!

      Delete
  5. Perfect weather after a long hot summer!!
    Wish we could grow rhubarb here. Would love a bit of rhubarb crumble with custard

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rain helps for sure. Happy gardening, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx