RECIPES

Friday 6 May 2022

A Lovely Morning

 

The weather has been gorgeous so far today (it is early afternoon now), with blue skies and sunshine and a light breeze.  

Perfect for getting the sheets dry!




I went to a couple of thrift shops before lunch, and came home with eight new tops.  I haven’t tried them on yet, but hope they fit – at $2 each I thought it was a bargain not to be missed.  If they don’t fit or look too awful, then I will donate them to another shop.

One of the shops is situated beside an office equipment shop so I popped in there on the off-chance they might have something suitable that I can use for a sewing table.

Yes!!  I am now the proud owner of a small rectangular table and an office chair on wheels.  They are both flat-pack furniture, so I will leave them for Son to put together for me.

No excuse now not to do some sewing!

Margaret 😊

 



15 comments:

  1. I am washing sheets tomorrow too. No rain in the forecast, thankfully! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful shopping trip. Always good to get the washing air dried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sheets will smell so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find of that small table and office chair. Hopefully you'll have fun sewing. I never managed to learn to sew properly and my sewing machine hates me. Last time I tried to sew the top bobbin flew off and must have rolled under the washer or dryer because it is gone. Other times the thread would wind around the bottom bobbin and make a terrible mess. I've come to the conclusion that I should give up trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blue skies. Hope the good weather keeps up. Your tops were a bargain. Hope they fit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six are keepers, one was too small, and the other one I decided I didn't really like. I'm happy :)

      Delete
  6. We are having a few sunny warm days here too which is nice.
    Good luck with the flat pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't even attempt the flat pack. Son can do it for me, and I will quietly disappear when he starts swearing at it!!

      Delete
  7. The pic reminds me of Australia! Our usually are smaller and ... maybe next time I share a pic.
    Yay for the tops. And the chair - I still have my old IKEA-Emil to sit on.
    And I will be sewing soon, too, again! A skirt that is just too long for my liking. And too cheap to bring it back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sheets will smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a good day! I hoo the tops fit...even if only a couple fit, gorvthst matter if even one fits, you have found a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super day!!!!!

    Hooray for you!!!!!

    How about a "little cheeky drink-y" to celebrate??????? >,-)

    Gentle hugs,
    🌸🌹🌸🌷🌸🌹🌸🌷🌸

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are loving your header picture of rolling farmland. Waves of homesicknes here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx