RECIPES

Sunday 4 September 2022

A Forgotten Sketch

 

I was doing some cleaning up this morning, as you do, and found a watercolour sketch I began several months ago and had forgotten about.

It is in the Porters Pass area of the Southern Alps, a place I visited in the autumn of 2019.

I finished painting it, and looking at it brings a smile to my face as I remember the happiness of that day.




After all the rain we had last night, today has been fine and mostly sunny.  I sat in my garden for a time and nibbled on some of the spring onions that are growing – I quite like to pick a little bit off different herbs or plants and nibble at them while sitting in the sun and contemplating the world around me.

It is Monday again tomorrow.  I wonder what this week is going to bring?

May your day be a happy one 😊

Margaret.

 

15 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful painting Margaret - I admire your talent
    Yes, it's been a lovely day, and sitting in a garden in the sun, nibbling on herbs, sounds blissful - the forecast says it's going to turn wet and windy again...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the essence of the SI high country wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you completed this lovely work and showed it to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the painting! Being totally talentless artistically, I am always impressed by those who can draw or paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great sketch. You have talent. Happy nibbling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting is very good! You are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your water colour painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty...what a wonderful "discovery" - so glad you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping that this week brings you over whelming joy. Your watercolor sketch is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are talented - lovely sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! You are an artist. Your sketch is beautiful. When I am in the garden I enjoy nibbling on something...a small tomato or pepper. Seems to taste better in the garden than in the kitchen. Your header picture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that's very clever, I wish I could say I have the patience for painting but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty painting! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I caught up with where I was last. Roger has been having so hard times...and I don't get much of anything done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx