RECIPES

Saturday 22 February 2020

We Have Rain!


The forecast rain system has arrived and given our dry soil a much needed drink.  Not lots of rain but some good heavy showers have been passing through.  Tomorrow is meant to be sunny again so I am enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures the rain has brought with it.


The first large splots of welcome rain


The sun has only peeped through a couple of times, with the skies being mostly dark and overcast. 




I like to stand in the door and watch the rain and breathe in deeply of that earthy fresh smell that happens only when dry ground is first drenched with rain.




I was writing an email to my daughter this morning while sitting on my bed when Mittens came racing into the room and joined me – complete with her dirty wet paws and belly.  My clean bedspread now has grubby paw prints dotted over it, so I wasn’t that happy with her enthusiasm in greeting me.




The rain has a downside that we will have to rectify before winter arrives – water seeps into the connector box on our TV aerial and I lose reception on around half of the available Freeview channels available. 

This afternoon I have been watching Eat Well For Less and learning about the high fat content in most takeaway foods.  It is most annoying when suddenly the screen goes black with a message saying I need to check the connection!

The joys of modern living J
Hope everyone is having a great day,
Margaret.

25 comments:

  1. Glad you got some rain. I love the picture of the rain on your deck. It's beautiful. We have had such a wet winter. I can't imagine things feeling dry again. Oh and that smell of rain you mentioned. I love it too. How have I missed so many of your posts. I just looked back at four. The days go by too fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days certainly do go fast. We are almost at the end of February already and I wonder where the year is going.

      Delete
  2. When our golden grand-dog visits, the paw prints around the house and the fur are a necessary evil. I love that dog but not the mess. They go together however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets are made to be loved, they add so much richness to our lives. Mess can always be cleaned - as you say, it is simply a necessary evil :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah for rain! I finally got tired of muddy paws when we had a dog and I put a dark blanket on the bed he loved to curl up on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have rain envy - just a couple of short showers here, nothing like the rain in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was still just a shower, but it was fairly heavy while it lasted.

      Delete
  5. I love the smell of fresh rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to just stop a minute and smell it. Lovely :)

      Delete
  6. It is great when the rain comes, everywhere looks so lush afterwards. We watch eat well for less, most of what they say we already know, but it can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I am amazed at what people's spending habits are!

      Delete
  7. Hope you get more rain. Nice gentle rain, the kind that seeps into the soil, would be nice for two or three days. And you are right about the small of the soil, a wonderful sensory experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some good rain like that would be much appreciated at the moment.

      Delete
  8. Hello,

    YAY for the rain.. Love the sweet kitty photo. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope fixing the problem of water seeping into the connector box isn't a big problem. Hopefully it's one you and your son and fix without having to hire someone.
    So nice that you got at least SOME rain. The scent of rain on dusty earth is something one doesn't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son says it shouldn't be too difficult to fix - he just needs to find himself a good ladder to get up on the roof.

      Delete
  10. Pleased you got some rain, hoping you may get some more gentle rain.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain we had was good, but we really need a lot more yet. It won't be long though, when we will be wishing the rain would stop!!

      Delete
  11. So glad you got rain! It is always such a relief after a long dry spell. I guess we put up with stuff from our cats that we wouldn't put up with from kids...LOL Mittens is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain - what a good thing! I love the smell of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do live in a world filled with sensory delights, don't we :)

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx