RECIPES

Sunday 14 May 2023

The Plant Barn

 

It has been a quiet weekend here, and for most of it the weather has been fairly pleasant.

I decided to do a Google search to see what local garden centres we had around the area – I usually shop at the big commercial places, but wondered if there were any privately owned ones still around.

That is how I discovered The Plant Barn.

Visiting it was a bit like stepping back in time, to what garden centres used to be like many years ago.  A lot of the plants are propagated by the owners and the place itself sprawls out into little hidden areas that are so much fun to fossick through.




Under some trees, tucked into a back corner, I found the daphne I have wanted for ages and also an old-fashioned purple violet.

It was lovely to see this monarch butterfly sunning itself among the plants.




It is almost time to make dinner.  We usually have something easy on a Sunday night, and tonight it is going to be scrambled egg on toast.

Margaret 😊



10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to find, Margaret.... is it in Hamilton proper? The weather here today has been overcast and cold, again.
    Scrambled eggs on toast sounds wonderful - we are having soup and toast :) Winter food!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxine. I looked up their address - it is 78 Alison Street here in Hamilton - and discovered I have their name wrong! They are actually called The Plant Place (my bad, LOL). Mxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Margaret - that is appreciated. Maxine

      Delete
  2. Oh, that sounds great. Pity it isn't close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it's always good to be able to patronize small businesses of this sort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place and a great find! There are less and less private green houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a few of those privately owned garden centres left here too. Such a delight this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to wander around there and find treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great place to wander around and find plants you've been looking for. I have the feeling you'll be going back there again. GM

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find! We have just been discussing nurseries like that (and fashion trends in plants).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx
(Unfortunately blogger won't let me post comments on other blogs at the moment - but I am still reading them!)