RECIPES

Friday 5 May 2023

Bottoms Up!

 

When I was a child, we used to say that “bad” weather was only good for ducks.  Nowadays, I appreciate the days when we have some rain and I don’t need an excuse to stay indoors and do very little.

The last few days have been dreary.  We have had overcast grey skies and light drizzle with heavy showers – once again (and I am not complaining), the worst of this latest storm is missing us.

This duck, at our local lake, was totally unconcerned with the weather and continued searching for food.




After doing the usual daily housework, I have been sitting at my computer and continuing to publish my family history on ancestry.com.  I seem to have amassed an incredible amount of information over the last fifty years!

Millie (our fluffy black cat) has been keeping me company – she discovered a bed sheet on the airing rack and pulled one end down to the floor and curled up inside it.

It means I will have to rewash the sheet, but she looks so cute and comfortable that I haven’t wanted to disturb her.

Coronation Weekend is looming, and I will be staying up that night to watch it live on TV.

Whatever the weather, big smiles and happy hearts can make the day bright and cheerful 😊

Margaret.

 

12 comments:

  1. Overall, with exceptions of course, there seems to be about as much interest in the Coronation in Canada as watching paint dry. I suspect the monarchy is in its death spiral here, although no one seems to be able to deliver the coup de grace. The constitutional requirements to do so are an unfathomable maze! My friends in Australia also exhibit similar disinterest, and in a couple of them downright hostility. King Charles may well be the last of his ilk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to read this. I think that many here in Blighty feel much the same. (No bunting has appeared on our street apart from mine and I'm no fan!) I think the royals should be low key and do an ordinary days work and just turn up for necessary state occasions. Nevertheless I shall watch some of the pageantry on tv tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. We’ve had a cold wet week here this week. The warmer temperatures of spring have missed us so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coronation and coverage of it will be in the wee hours of the morning here so we'll record it. I was glad we did that for the Queen's funeral too. Then I could rewind and watch and rewatch any parts that I wanted.
    We're in for some rainy days and I'll have no excuse not to do the housework that I've been ignoring while the sun shone. GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite looking forward to watching it - love all that pageantry :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photo of the duck. I am sure we will be watching the Coronation on Sunday as I don't cope with late nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will watch the coronation on delayed/replayed TV online... yes, it's been wet and miserable here too - it's cleared a wee bit today and I was able to get out for a short walk - it was good to be well enough, and the weather fine enough, to walk again!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll watch the tv reviews of the coronation because I won't be home. I'm sure it will be on the news for days even though Greece has few connections with the British monarchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all about the coronation here, street party at daughters house, watching on TV with Will, he's six and full of the king and the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To "Bottoms Up" - I love rain - in summer. Other I stay inside, too.
    All the Coronation will start comfortably at 09:00 am on TV here.
    Hope you have some snacks to get through the night, enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it something what we will do for our pets? I oftentimes would stay up later than I meant to, or would go to sleep in my chair because I did not want to disturb the cat that was sleeping in my lap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx