RECIPES

Wednesday 17 May 2023

New Teatowels

 

I am quite fussy with teatowels.  I like them to be a good size and dry well, and cotton is usually the best option.

Several years ago, I bought some and they have lasted well so I went searching for some more that were the same.

Nobody seems to have them anymore, presumably because nowadays most people use a dishwasher!

With a bit of searching, I discovered a commercial outlet that also supplies the public.  Waikato Cleaning Supplies had a great range of all types of cleaning products, and I found exactly what I was looking for.

These teatowels came in a pack of 12, are 100% cotton and made in Pakistan.  They have now all been washed and ironed ready for use.

I like to iron in my bedroom (often the sunniest room in the house) and Mittens always comes and supervises!




The teatowels are now neatly stacked in the linen cupboard – the old ones will be cut up and used as rags.

I am already using the first one, and am very impressed with how well it dries.  Hopefully, they will last as long as my previous ones did – perhaps they may even outlast me!

The last two mornings we have woken to heavy fog that doesn’t clear away until lunchtime.  The sun shines for a couple of hours and then the cold sets in again. 

Winter is starting to make itself felt 😊

Margaret.

 

16 comments:

  1. That's a nice pile of t towels. A lot of ours are souvenirs brought to us from NZ and Australia and places family have visited. We love those t towels with the words for the haka, waltzing matilda, Irish proverbs, NZ birds and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good sized, cotton tea towel also - what a great find Margaret!! Yes, winter is definitely nipping at the heels of autumn! We have had a clear day today, but also some foggy days this week
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam had made enough tea towels to last us until AI rules the world. No, wait, that's only a couple of years away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard the term tea towels before, around our parts, we call that a dish towel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t think I’ve ever ironed a teatowel. I do iron a rare item but not much any more. Well done, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tea towls seem somehow recognizable - from F working in restaurants perhaps. They must be available around the world ... and... F agrees they are absorbant and hard wearing.😎😁😽 nose touch to the feline spervisor from Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's almost a pleasure drying dishes when you have a good sized, absorbent tea towel. Nice to have them all matching too.
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  8. My DIL had some fabulous Tea towels that I admired, and she gave me a set for Christmas - they're from Country Road, fiendishly expensive, and cotton on one side and loop pile on the other - they absorb water like nothing else I've ever had. And I, too, am fussy about tea towels. While we're on the subject of absorbance - we recently bought new bath towels from Bed, bath and beyond, and they are HOPELESS - they swish the water from one place to another and just don't dry me. So, they're going out as soon as I find more that work. And this time I'll buy one, take it home, wash it, use it, wash it again and if it passes the second use test go and buy a set. I feel guilty moaning about such a problem when so many people are still struggling to recover from the cyclones etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it great when you can find something that you're looking for? I do believe things aren't made as well as they were in the past...good for you! A simple pleasure, but still, one that lifts the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound like my nana, she use to iron everything but her linen cupboard was so neat and tidy. I wish I had the time and energy to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I share your passion for a decent tea towel. You'd think they would be the easiest thing in the world to find, wouldn't you? I got lucky a couple of years ago when one of my daughters gave me a six pack of tea towels from K Mart. I think she chose them because they look good but as it turns out they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I just commented anonymously again, Margaret. But can't see it so maybe I mucked it up completely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always buy my tea towels when in New Zealand because I can find cotton ones from India there. The Chinese ones sold in the US do not absorb so well. I will have to remember to check out cleaning supply stores when next buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I AM the dishwasher! And yes, cotton is the best.
    I just fold most of our clothes. I deeply hate ironing.
    Outlast you, don´t say that! It can happen any time. I read of a guy in his early 40´s, sportive and suddenly... boom, that was that.
    I love fog - here in the city we don´t have it, sadly.... Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This made me smile, I used to iron the 100 % cotton ones too! I love cotton towels for drying dishes and some blends are not absorbant at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx