RECIPES

Monday 14 November 2022

One More Sleep

 

Only one more sleep to go and the Great Road Trip of 2022 will begin!  I have just completed my final pack and the bags are each under their maximum weight requirement.  The carry-on bag has a limit of 7kg and the checked-in bag a limit of 23kg.  I doubt I could lift the bag if it weighed 23kg!!

The plan is to fly from Auckland to Queenstown tomorrow (Tuesday 15 November), pick up a rental car and drive down to Te Anau and visit Milford Sound, before heading further south to Invercargill and then across and back up to Dunedin and Christchurch before flying back to Hamilton. 

Mittens knows something is up.  She has been shadowing me closely the last couple of days, and then hiding in strange places.




I am travelling with a family member so won’t have to do all the driving myself, and it has to be admitted that travelling can be more fun when sharing it with another person instead of going it alone.

All going well, I will be able to post progress on here but if I disappear for a few days (we will be away for a week) you will know where I have gone!

Adventures bring joy to the soul 😊

Margaret.

 

13 comments:

  1. That will be an amazing trip Margaret - I love that corner of our country. Safe travels
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm envious! Have a wonderful time. I hope your car is a good one, and the driving is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the area we visited in NZ when we were there. So beautiful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, what a wonderful adventure!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful time. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip you're going to have. Enjoy every minute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great time. It's over a decade years since I toured that area of South Island. I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time away. It's a wonderful part of the world to be exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let the GRT begin! Safe travels and have fun. Cannot wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun -fun - and fun!!!! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We cant wait to see the photos. Have a great trip. Mr T knows all about bag pzcking and sitting in those strange places while it's happening. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wished you loads of fun - blogger ate that comment up again, alas - you´re on the road and I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the trip is fun....I sure could use a little bit of a get away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.