RECIPES

Sunday 6 November 2022

An Update on Tommy Tomato

 

Tommy Tomato is growing well.  He survived the cold weather of a few weeks ago, but dropped all the fruit that had been set. 

Conditions for growth are perfect now.  It took me several minutes yesterday to find and remove all the laterals that were vigorously growing like the plant wanted to escape and takeover the rest of the garden.

Flowers and baby fruit are present again and, with the weather looking like winter has been left behind, I have every expectation of having tomatoes to eat before very long.




Today has been grey and overcast with a cool breeze, although the sun was shining earlier on.  I really should have been outside at that time, planting some dwarf green beans. 

However, Son and I had a Rugby Feast instead!  First, we watched the All Blacks winning against Wales, then Ireland beating South Africa, before a thrilling match where France managed to pip Australia at the very end.  (We were watching live replays)

After lunch, it was back to cricket – and I promptly fell asleep in my chair for a couple of hours! 

Oh well, I’m not too worried – it is Sunday after all, and there is always tomorrow!

Have a great weekend everybody 😊

Margaret.

 

14 comments:

  1. I wish you a beautiful Sunday. Your tomato plant looks wonderful.
    We are just harvesting the last tomatoes in the garden and as long as there is no frost at night the dahlias, roses and marigolds will bloom... it looks lovely.
    A hug to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Sunday.
    Hope the tomato harvest overwhelms you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite sure you watch more TV in a day that I do in the whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lazy Sunday is always a perfect day :) The weather is both rainy and sunny here today...it´s Autumn for sure!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing of your garden adventures, Margaret! Oh how I wish we were heading into gardening season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Tommy! And your care of him.

    Sports fun. It's coming up in an hour here. Our football is still going and an in-our-state team is doing well. nice guy quarter back and all. :-)

    Then later, my *old football love* Tom Brady and the Bucs. Not really fun anymore. Just watch, to watch if you know what I mean.

    🍁💛🍁💛🍁💛🍁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that sounds like a wonderful 'sporty' end of weekend Margaret. Tommy tomato is certainly growing vigorously, and looking very healthy
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. ALDI had "Tasty Tom" - tomatoes. They were really good! But available just from April to September.

    An ALDI was near our workplace and on April 1st my then-teamleader came storming into my office, "Tom Tasty is back!!!"
    Ever since they are called like that (must check next season if they still have them). Tom Tasty, yes. Teamleader´s name was Thomas, btw...

    Watching games with your son sounds way better than planting!
    I didn´t make it through the American Footy game yesterday, either...

    To a great new week and greetings also to Tommy! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh tomatoes are the best...I'm always sad when winter comes and I have to buy them in the store...it's just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was working so I missed the rugby, couldn't be bothered watching the delayed version on Prime the next day but it's been lovely here, so many sunny warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first read I wondered what in the world a Rugby feast was. LOL. It does sound like a cozy sort of day. The thing about garden work ( and housework in general) is that it doesn't go away. Lots of chances to do those when you have time. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have lots of tomatoes! There is nothing better than a tomato picked and eaten fresh off the vine...plant? We always say fresh off the vine...don't know if everyone says that or if that is just local.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx