RECIPES

Thursday 10 November 2022

My Sofa Bed

 

In just over three weeks’ time, my dear daughter will be visiting us.  We haven’t met up since late 2018 so I’m counting down the days! 

When we have visitors stay overnight they are usually bedded down on an inflatable mattress on the floor.  Not the most comfortable but adequate for one night.

With the thought of finding something better for daughter’s longer stay, I visited the Habitat For Humanity shop to look for beds and found this sofa-bed instead.

The sofa is the size of a single bed, in excellent condition, and very comfortable to sit on.  The base folds out to create a full-size double bed, which should be much more comfortable than sleeping on the floor.




This afternoon the shop called to see if I was home to accept delivery.  I was actually on the other side of the city, but came home immediately and was ready when the truck arrived.

Two lovely friendly young men carried it into the house for me and took the old Lazy-Boy chair away with them when they left.

Now I just need to rearrange the spare room so that everything will fit!

Have a great day 😊

Margaret.

 

17 comments:

  1. That’s a nice looking piece of furniture - just right for a little nap on a cold winter’s afternoon…..or even a warm summer one 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of that bed/sofa. Excellent solution and she can sleep in comfort!!
    Happy reunion ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she will be comfortable and content in the "new" bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your daughter will appreciate the sleeper sofa over the floor. Looks like it's in decent shape as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you will see your young woman after all that time. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and your new sofa bed is beautiful too! What a great find. I can imagine how excited you must be. I too would be counting down the hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all set for a great visit! Those on the floor air mattresses can be so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure is a great Sofa - we use a large Air Mattress for our guests staying overnight- not nearly as comfortable as a Sofa - we set up the Matress in my Study - it just fits! Stay well there in NZ. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a fouton as bed/sofa through my study years and the first years in Braunschweig - Ingo on weekends slept with me there :-)
    (Now we sleep in my Brother´s old "youth bed".. I am small....)
    Yours looks much more compfy, though!
    A long time you have not seen your daughter - count down and then enjoy big! :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun visit is in the works...yay! Have fun planning and then enjoy the time together, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it's pretty tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    How lovely that she is able to visit you!!!!!

    🍎🍁🍂🍁🍎

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that's a good find, amazing what you can come across sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love dual purpose and convertible furniture. Enjoy having your daughter home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I share the pleasure of preparing the nest for a child's return. That's a nice looking piece of furniture as well as a comfy bed. I hope she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find, hope it is comfy to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a blessing to find it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx