RECIPES

Sunday 10 January 2021

A Happy Visit

 

The sun was barely up when I left home this morning and set off for the other side of Auckland, a drive of about two hours.  I went to visit my youngest son, whom I’ve not seen for several weeks.

The weather was misty as the sun rose higher, but then the day turned out quite pleasant.  Even the traffic was not too bad – sometimes it can be horrific when trying to get across the Harbour Bridge.

There was little traffic on the road going up until I reached Auckland itself, and coming home now is all on a four-lane road so the moderately heavy traffic was not too much of a problem.




Youngest son and I had a lovely visit together, with lots of chatter and laughter.  It is so pleasant to be able to meet together, and I confess to dreading what it would be like if we faced the same lockdown issues that so many others are.

We have had several cases of the new covid strain at our borders – if it were to escape into the community I shudder to think what the results would be.  

We are getting a lot on our News about people beginning to be vaccinated (even Her Majesty The Queen, who is in her 90s).  Hopefully it will be the turning point for the world to return to more normalcy.

Take care and stay safe 😊

Margaret.


15 comments:

  1. So glad you coukd visit your son...ideally get lonesome for my girls sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    It is nice you were able to visit your son, it is nice just to get out for a drive. We are hoping there will be more vaccine doses available to all. Take care enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sleeve is rolled up and my arm bare - now they just have to get the vaccine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could visit and had fun! :-) xx
    Beautiful pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your post with longing, how we used to live, hold fast to your borders, this virus has changed our lives completely, not seen my siblings since August and not seen most of our grandsons for a year. We are lucky neither of us work, and we have loads to keep us busy and we are both book worms. Your trip sounds wonderful, family and warm weather, bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully by our summer things will be more relaxed but at the moment the UK and particularly southern England are in a dire situation. Hospitals in places are overwhelmed. We are well on the way to the most vulnerable health workers and over 80s being vaccinated which will be a start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fortunate you are in NZ to be able to visit your son.your country has done well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely visit.....

    Hope your country stays 'open.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret, I must say, just the idea of driving two hours to sit and laugh with your son...that picture filled me with SUCH longing. I cannot wait for those days to come to my country again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are going to sit back here and watch the vaccine's progress to see if it really does work, as for Auckland it's not often we drive there, the less the better because the traffic is so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had good weather for your drive over to see your son. Lots of visiting and laughing...sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cracker photo, Margaret! Glad you had a lovely visit with your son. This time last year two of my sisters were visiting from Australia - how times have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shot Margaret - love the perspective!! So glad you had a wonderful trip and visit. Yes, I understand that a level 4 lockdown could be implemented with little notice if the new strain is found in the community :(.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty scenery, so glad you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx