RECIPES

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Town Day

Tuesday is generally the day for me to buy groceries and do any shopping that needs to be done.  Today I went in search of a garden kneeler but was unable to find one that didn’t feel like it would tip over if I used it to help me get up off the ground.  I think I will be donating the ground-level garden-beds to son to care for, as I don’t fancy crawling over the lawn to find something to pull myself up with!


A WARNING SIGN AT WAIPATIKI BEACH, HAWKES BAY

There seemed to be an inordinate amount of traffic on the road, the sort of volume that used to occur around Christmas or on a Friday prior to a long weekend.  So it was no surprise to come upon a recent accident, where a driver had obviously tried his luck when coming out of a side street and had ended up collecting another car.


FISHING LIMITS SIGN FOR AOTEA HARBOUR, KAWHIA
  

I went to a new (to me) supermarket this time, intrigued to see what they stocked as it can vary widely between stores, even between those in the same group.

This one seemed to stock a lot of gourmet type foods, so perhaps their customer base is more up-market than the normal stores I visit!


THE ENTRANCE SIGN TO A REPLICA MAORI VILLAGE, KERIKERI

The weather now is so different to what we had yesterday.  Today is overcast and it has tried to rain a couple of times.

We gave Mayo the Rat a proper burial last night, after grand-daughter returned from school.  She picked some white flowers to place on his grave (in the lawn) as he was a white rat.  Very appropriate, I thought.


AN INFORMATION SIGN AT WAIPAPA POINT, SOUTHLAND

No post tomorrow as I have a distance to drive to attend a funeral – and I think I have written enough depressing stuff the last few days anyway.

Take care,

Margaret J


16 comments:

  1. A fabulous selection of photos Margaret.
    Mitre 10 has a good solid kneeler, very much like the one I use, that has been going for over 50 years (I inherited from my mother)https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/worth-garden-kneeler-515-x-230-x-495mm/p/165961
    Yes, today was a bit of a disappointment after yesterday, I agree.
    Safe travels tomorrow
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagination and creativity that goes into signs in NZ these days - that fishing limits sign is a great example. Safe travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Wonderful variety of scenes, signs and photos. Safe travels. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signs do credit to the imagination of local authorities. I am staggered by the way our lives are ruled by signs informing us what we can or cannot do. From the moment we leave the house we respond to signs in a manner that would make Pavlov proud. It is a little spooky sometimes,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I find spookier is all the CCTV we end up on every time we step foot outside our homes.

      Delete
  5. Traffic here seems back to normal. I need to go to the grocery store, too. Have a safe drive to the funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to browse in a new to me place. There is always something new to try as well. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a little tine of smoked sardines - it is quite nice to try something different sometimes :)

      Delete
  7. I loved seeing and reading all the signs! My husband was very interested in the fishing limits sign and types of fish. Have a safe trip tomorrow and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a garden kneeler that can also be turned upside down to become a sort of seat. I've never used the seat but in the past I've made use of the kneeler. Unfortunately I can hardly get up from the kneeler after a short time on it.
    I hope you had a safe and uneventful drive to your cousin's funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH yes I find it hard getting up off the ground too sometimes, sometimes i need someone to help pull me up. Did you get to visit Rewa's Village? Apparently they are renovating it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wanting to visit, but it was closed when I went.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful variety of photographs.
    I do hope you will be able to get a good garden kneeler.

    Wishing you safe travels for tomorrow.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. A garden kneeler - I had a tiny miniature stool that I used when I did have a garden. It was a godsend. The Warehouse. Best wishes for today xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you find a good kneeler for gardening. We have a great one, and it has strong sides, with which to push yourself up. I know what you mean, about having to crawl around, to find something, to use, to push yourself up enough, to get up. Old age is no fun!!!!!!!!! LOL

    💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx