RECIPES

Sunday 28 June 2020

A Lazy Day

I’ve had a bit of a lazy day today.  When I woke this morning it was pouring down with rain so I did the most sensible thing possible and rolled over and went back to sleep!

The showers have continued all day but it has not been too cold and we have had some sunshine.  We have even seen two beautiful full rainbows, with one of them having a bit of a shadow rainbow beside it.  It has been quite a while since I last saw a full rainbow.



Grand-daughter is away at her mother’s this weekend and son was working, so I simply pottered around and quietly cleaned up the kitchen and my room. 

I messaged with a family member who was buying a dehumidifier to help her dry clothes – driers are so expensive now, and a dehumidifier and a clothes horse work well in a closed room.



Then, this afternoon, I sat by the fire and watched our local rugby team, the Chiefs, playing the Highlanders in Christchurch.  We lost – again L

Conditions for the game were wet and cold, and steam was rising off the scrums, but I will spare you all the photos of the hot sweaty bodies in rugby shorts!

Tomorrow, I will try and be more energetic J

Margaret.


15 comments:

  1. De humidifiers are great. We have one and it has stopped completely the dampness in the old part of the house.
    I love pottering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a photo I would have enjoyed.I love lazy days inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike New Zealand, Lewis, rarely has decent weather for drying clothes. Yes. it has wind and lots of it but it's rarely a warm wind and it's often accompanied by rain. A few years ago I took a policy decision. I do all my washing (4 loads of the machine at least) on a Sunday (the one day I do not usually go out - lockdown excepted when I only go out for walks anyway). I use a modern heat exchange tumble-drier. It uses the same amount of electricity as a fridge plus the electricity needed for the motor to turn the drum ie it has no heating elements. So it is extremely inexpensive to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your policy decision was a good one :)

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    We use our dehumidifier often. I love the beautiful rainbow, what a pretty sight to see. A lazy day warm in front of a fire sounds good to me. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps you enjoyed those hot, sweaty bodies in rugby shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a perfect way to spend a wet day. I think we get the rain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It rained a lot here yesterday and sidewalks are wet this morn as if we had had recent rain. Love your double rainbow. I don't remember the last time I saw one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately we have only seen parts of rainbows, so seeing a full one was a treat.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes you need time to just vegetate. The first photo makes me think there can be beauty in the darkest places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to watch the rugby from the comfort of home instead of sitting at a cold damp sports field.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe a lazy day is very good! A burning fire is so nice and relaxing. I saw you had got lots of nice wood. The full rainbow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you did the right thing Margaret in having a quiet day! I drove to Auckland and back with my daughter, and she was remarking on the rainbows on the way up - I was too busy concentrating on driving, but I did see a glimpse of one in the mirror!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.