RECIPES

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Nine Years Ago

 

It is nine years ago today, to the day, since I last visited Zion National Park.  How I love that place (been there twice and would love to go again).  

I love the towering rocks and the whole vibe that the place has – when visiting before the crowds arrive, that is!  We were among the first visitors for the day, before we had even had breakfast.

The Virgin River is so pretty, although it can also be lethal when it floods.  On this day it was in a placid mood and hubby and I enjoyed a short paddle in its clear waters.

We used to try and paddle in as many different waterways as we could, taking a photo each time to prove that we had been there, done that.




On this particular day, we travelled from Zion across to Bryce National Park before camping at Kodachrome Basin for the night.

I find Bryce Canyon a fascinating place, with its various hoodoos and other rock formations.  It was sweltering hot this visit (on my previous visit it was the beginning of winter) and so we just admired the view from the rim.

There were some hardy (or fool-hardy) souls down walking among the rocks, much too hot for us.




I’m so glad we got the opportunity to visit these wonderful places when we did.  They are memories that I shall treasure for the rest of my life.

Have a great day 😊

Margaret.

 

12 comments:

  1. Such a dramatic place to visit Margaret - cherish the memories, they are precious. Love the fact that you tried to paddle in the waterways and take photos to 'prove' you have been there :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning scenery. How lucky you are to have visited there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, quite some scenes and wonderful memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zion is our favorite National Park. It has been a few years since we have been but we have fond memories of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos, Margaret and great times. Memories to last a lifetime! They must make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a good trip and memories! I have not been to that part of the USA....maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, you have traveled soooo far from home...how exciting! We visited Zion National Park several years ago...we took a train from here to there, it was wonderful. The scenery is so different than here, the mountains are lovely. I graduated from BYU in Provo, Utah, so I was lucky to enjoy them for a few years. Thanks for sharing your memories, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenery and beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw Bryce, Zion, and the Grand Canyon in 2007 and were enthralled by the scenery. We traveled in a camperized van and stayed in campgrounds ( or not. Sometimes we just stopped on a deserted road and stayed the night) I had until then not used a digital camera but my DIL lent me hers and I took so many pictures!! It wasn't long before I bought my own camera!!GM

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing place. Don't those memories mean such a lot, as we get older, and as travel becomes more problematic. We got to the South Rim of Yellowstone in the winter of 2005, and stayed at a wonderful hotel right on the rim called "Bright Angel Lodge"and built in the early 1930s with a woman architect - one of the first. Our bathroom was tongue and groove, but perfectly functional and we felt privileged to be there, and not in some modern junky hotel. Sunrise over the canyon was spectacular and the scenery unforgettable . Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can’t imagine being there right now given the temperatures that are gripping those regions of the United States. New Zealand sounds much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great photos to keep along with your wonderful memories. It's great to revisit some of the sights we have been privileged to see, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx