RECIPES

Thursday 24 March 2022

Only As Good

 

“A workman is only as good as his tools” was an adage my husband was fond of using – usually when trying to convince me that buying some particular tool was a good idea!

But what he was saying has a lot of truth about it.

Seven years ago I purchased an Electrolux vacuum cleaner – it was small and didn’t have a lot of suction power but it was perfect for our caravan life-style at the time.

However, the last two and a bit years it has been seeing service in a three-bedroom house with two cats that love to leave little black Fur Deposits around the house, and it has been struggling to cope.

Actually it is not only the cleaner that struggles because so do I, especially when trying to pick up the fluff off the floor.

Yesterday I reached my limit and it sent me to the laptop to do some research.  Today I went to Godfreys at The Base (and had the most friendly helpful service from Arpit) and came home with a Hoover Allergy vacuum cleaner.




Wow, what a difference it makes to the carpet!  The change is quite incredible – from having a ‘clean’ carpet, we now have a ‘looks clean like new’ carpet.  What a joy.

Having the right tools for a job is certainly true 😊

Margaret.


This blog may sound a bit like an advertisement but it isn’t.  I’m just stating what happened and am not benefitting in any way from doing so. 

 

12 comments:

  1. The joy of a good cleaner - mine literally died the other week, so DD, who is living with me (when I am home), got out their cleaner, which is a decidedly newer model, and the result was wonderful!! Enjoy your new cleaner!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine your great joy! I wish my vaccum cleaner had sucking strength. You'll be happy hoovering, till the excitement wears off lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than looking back at a task and seeing a job well done, I understand your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wise saying indeed and with two cats a great tool then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you found something that is the right tool...it does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be interesting to see how long your new vacuum cleaner lasts. Appliances don't seem to have a long life these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words of wisdom from your husband. We read comments of users before we buy something these days but we still get stuck with a lemon on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray!

    That household item can be a 'pain' or a 'joy'. Ours is a PAIN. So hard to use. So heavy. Ugh.

    Is yours easy to use? Well, as easy as any vacuum can be...

    🌸 🌷 🌼 🌸 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was reasonably easy to drag along behind me, and not too heavy for me either. Hopefully it will give many years service :)

      Delete
  9. A good vacuum is such a big help. The one I have on the mail floor is just okay. On the lower level DH uses the built in one that has a lot more power. Unfortunately the long awkward hose is a menace when it comes to my various collections so I don't want it up here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always nice to get a new tool and especial one that does it's job :) Congratulations on your new purchase and your like new carpet.
    Have fun, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a miele vacuum cleaner that mostly sits in the cupboard because I don't have carpet, so a broom does a good enough job when I can be bothered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx