RECIPES

Saturday 12 March 2022

Sweet Chili Wedges

 

Apart from the near accident when I went with Youngest Son on Thursday, we had a lovely day out together.

We stopped for lunch at the Whiritoa General Store and Café and, between us, enjoyed a plate of crunchy Loaded Wedges with sweet chilli sauce, melted cheese and a generous dollop of sour cream.




Whiritoa is a small coastal village about half way between Waihi and Whangamata.  The beach was very pretty, especially with the sand sparkling in the sun like it was (the photo does not do it justice).




The surf was running high, with big waves dumping violently and racing up the beach.  I thought it all stunningly beautiful, but much too turbulent for me to want to swim!




I found a Blue Bottle jellyfish among the seaweed and other bits being washed ashore.




At the northern end of the beach were several mature Pohutukawa trees.  This one was growing almost on the beach.




When we drove to the other end of the beach, we could see waves crashing violently through a gap in the rocks.



I hope you are having a wonderful amazing day 😊

Margaret.

 

  

12 comments:

  1. I love the beach and waves pictures. So amazing!! I think I would love those crunchy spicy potato wedges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our beaches are ice covered for another few weeks. Yours are truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks sooooo delicious. And new to me. Must remember it.

    The whole beach is Heavenly! Oh sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh...... Lucky you!!!!!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spot Margaret - thank you for sharing it with us. Those wedges look amazing!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beach photos with turbulent crashing waves. I also love wedges with sour cream, but you can keep the chili sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food sounds delicious, and that sky is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to walk on that beach right now. But I'd avoid the jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just went back and read about your near accident. It gave me goosebumps. Such a close call. So glad for your son's quick thinking. Oh Margaret, these are the most beautiful beach pictures I think I've ever seen. The water, the sand, the sky is all just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so beautiful! I would have loved to walk on that beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, the food looks good and the company happy.
    And the beach, wonderful.
    This looks very sure like an amazing day 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  11. I havent been to either of those beaches in quite a few years, I do miss them. As for the wedges you have to have sweet chilli sauce with the sour cream, it just doesn't taste right otherwise

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx