RECIPES

Friday 12 January 2024

Breakfast On The Deck

 

We had a pretty sunset last night.  I sat outside on the deck (again!) and watched as the clouds changed through the oranges and red colours and finally became dark (the colours were more intense than what has shown up in my photo).




Mittens sat in the grass garden and watched me.




Breakfast this morning was taken on the deck at 7am, with the sun peeping above the neighbour’s roof and the temperature sitting at a very pleasant 17 degrees Celsius.

Today I had rolled oats (straight from the packet) with chia seeds, a fresh plum (it was meant to be two, but one had gone rotten), milky yoghurt, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

My tea was Lady Grey, with no milk or sugar.



Most mornings I have a chewable vitamin C tablet, as it seems to work well with my constitution. 

The other object on the tray contains the last remnants of my latest block of comb honey.  It is an expensive treat (this one cost me $28), so I have only been having 1 teaspoon of it each morning.  Delicious!

I hope your day will be a happy one 😊

Margaret.

 

  

14 comments:

  1. Comb honey...Yum! Lovely to sit outside with your breakfast and watch the day begin. I'm an early bird too; usually awake by 6 or 6:30 then by 9 PM I'm rapidly fading out. More so when it's dark and cold out. I'm so looking forward to longer days and warm sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am definitely a morning person. I also fade out around 9pm, when some are just getting going :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Lady Grey tea, maybe that's one to check out. Have you heard of Yorkshire Tea? The Nw here sells it, it is good for those who like a strong cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tried it once when I was searching for a leaf tea to drink - but I am a weak tea person! Lady Grey is a Twinings tea and I use the teabag to make it. It is a bit milder than the popular Earl Grey tea.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to start the day, Margaret. I too like to keep up my Vit C... in many ways my breakfast is similar to your with home made muesli (compliments of my daughter) and yoghurt and a juice drink. I am also a weak tea drinker - I call it Passover tea - pass the tea bag over the hot water :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely start to your day. Morning lark here as well, usually up by 6 a.m. and loving the quiet in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comb honey? I can never work out how people enjoy that wax on their teeth effect. The rest of breakfast sounds perfect and Mittens is looking very artistic today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the sticky wax, but, yes, you sort of have to pick it off your teeth until it dissolves away LOL. It is meant to be very good for the immune system though!

      Delete
  6. Honeycomb sounds delicious, I have not had it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh for those warm summer mornings and evenings. I prefer winter but we are literally freezing today.
    We get wonderful local honey from a local bee keeper. Really good pure honey. We go through about a kilo a month. Here it's much cheaper. Don't think I've ever tried it on the comb though. I shall buy some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious, to have such a wonderful supply of honey :)

      Delete
  8. Breakfast outside sounds wonderful! Not so here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy times! Can´t wait for the heat and sit outside again, also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx
(Unfortunately blogger won't let me post comments on other blogs at the moment - but I am still reading them!)