RECIPES

Monday 8 January 2024

A Family Celebration

 

My eldest son has turned 50 years old!  How did that happen?  It seems like yesterday when he was just a babe in arms and I was a new mother trying to work out how to do everything.

It doesn’t help that I can remember quite clearly celebrating my own half-century sojourn in this world.  Time certainly has a way of moving on, regardless, it seems, of what we do or don’t do in our lives.




We celebrated with a quiet family dinner, cooked by his daughter.




Followed by the obligatory homemade birthday cake (carrot cake with cream cheese icing).




As I write this, on a Monday afternoon, the weather here is quite sultry.  Every fan in the house is going and all the windows and outside doors are wide open to catch the slightest hint of breeze.

The forecast is for our temperatures to be in the late 20s (Celsius) this week.  Thankfully the mornings are cooler and I can get most of my housework done then, before I blob-out for the rest of the afternoon!

Have a happy day 😊

Margaret.

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Margaret I well remember that feeling when bringing the babies home... and my 50th birthday is also well past,,, I do like his taste in cake!! One of my favourites
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, It seems we have sons with birthdays very close together. Belated birthday wishes to yours. I'd sure like a piece of that delicious looking carrot cake ( with loads of icing. Yum.) Have a lovely week and stay cool if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy 50th to your son. How do they get that old?
    How wonderful to have a meal cooked by a granddaughter. Carrot cake is always delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humm…. My son is 50 this year too - it is making me feel very old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our children are around 40 and I too remember those early days of their childhood. Such special times that I hope I never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. My son's 50th isn't so very far away. Thanks for reminding me about carrot cake. I used to make it a lot but haven't made it for quite a few years. I shall try and remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your son. It was Stew's birthday yesterday as well. Isn't it stink hot and humid! We too have all the windows and doors open to try and catch a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy celebrations all round. That cakes looks good. I hope I can make as good a job of the one I have to make for a birthday this weekend. (Pumpkin cake in our case)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx