RECIPES

Friday 10 March 2023

Dodging Raindrops

 

We had a lot of rain showers passing through today, some of them very heavy. 

By dodging the showers, I managed to get my new seedlings planted out. 

Sometimes I thought the rain would flatten them, but, no, they all had their heads up when the sun tried to shine again.

As I said yesterday, Son and I are streamlining the pots so that they will (hopefully!) be easier to care for.  There is bracken growing up the back of the area, and we already had a couple of spider plants and some grasses in pots.

This photo shows half the garden area.




I planted succulents, violas, primulas, cyclamen, and three hyacinth bulbs (beneath some violas in the trough).  We are going to place large stones around the pots – we have a few already, but will need to get some more next week.

There are some hanging baskets that need attention as well.  I think they would look pretty with violas in them over winter.

Our weekend is about to begin here, and we are expecting the arrival of a couple of little rat babies.  I’ll keep you posted.

Margaret 😊

 

10 comments:

  1. That will form an amazing sight in spring Margaret - your garden must be very sheltered to be able to plant a "jelly bean" succulent outside!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in a sheltered spot. Usually manages to survive :)

      Delete
  2. Your pots are going to be beautiful. Full of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pots and planters will look so good when it all flowers.
    Not so enthusiastic about the rat babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know bracken is not generally deemed desirable but it looks great as a backdrop for your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant pots and rat midwifery seems like an interesting way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the delivery! The winter garden will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how resilient those tiny little plants are, surviving a downpour like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plants and babies growing - wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the trough; the row of pots with little pretties looks great. I hope it all thrives!! GM

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.