RECIPES

Thursday 19 January 2023

So&So Does It Again

 

I’ve been offline for a few days after picking up a bug when looking online for cotton sheets to buy.  It covered my screen with constantly-moving flashing advertisements and froze everything else.

It took So&So two hours of concentrated searching but he finally found the bug buried deep within my Google Chrome browser (so deep even the virus detectors weren’t locating it).

A little bit of magic (or a large dose of it!) and I was given my computer back, but the experience has left me very wary of going online again although I know I must.  Silly of me really, to feel like this, but there it is.


The Modernist Garden in Hamilton Gardens


Our Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, made a shock announcement this afternoon by saying she was going to step down from office.  There is almost equal amounts of jubilation and consternation in the streets, as people react with either joy or dismay.

Personally, I feel she has done as much as any reasonable leader could be expected to do over the last few years.  But our country is facing dire economic times and a lot of Labour Party policies have been deeply divisive, so the time is probably politically correct for a change in leadership before the General Election at the end of the year.


Entrance to the Chinese Scholars Garden in Hamilton Gardens


Once again, I am glad I don’t have any political affiliations (to me, they all seem as bad as each other!), so I can watch proceedings with a neutral eye and wait to see who our new PM will be.

Keep smiling and carry on 😊

Margaret.

 

13 comments:

  1. We heard the news this morning here in UK, and think she did a brilliant job through serious times, what an honest woman, she will be a tough act to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you got rid of that bug. A disaster if you didn't have a knowledgeable so and so.
    Jacinda has been on most of our news broadcasts this morning. She's popular in Greece, a strong woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will come as no surprise to you that I know so little of New Zealand politics that it would be unwise for me to comment, other than to say that Jacinda Ardern garnered great respect in the international community and I think many of us cheered when she was Prime Minister as a young woman not even forty years of age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a magician, too! :-)
    And I so agree on the politicians.
    But then... I could not do the job, either....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your political scene sounds very similar to ours. Looking at world politics, Canada and other countries seem equally devisive. It just seems like the media gets off on polarizing nations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had to have a bug, Margaret, I’m glad it wasn’t a physical one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that red gold tree in the modernist garden. Also sensible to choose your own time to go rather than hang on so long someone feels the need to push....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be interesting to see whom the new PM will be. I had expensive virus control, plus also the virus control from Windows Office..... but I still got completely hacked. Disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had So-and-So to help you. It sounds like that bug was well hidden! It's a dilemma whether to risk shopping on-line or not. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gardens, and thanks for the wonderful photo's Margaret.
    Was it a 'well known' site that you were infected from? Just wondering, as I was thinking about buying sheets recently, and that episode you had is making me wary...
    It was a bit of a shock with Jacinda standing down - The party politics could be a right royal sideshow over the next few weeks...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Bed Bath & Beyond, which I thought would have been fine - but apparently not!

      Delete
  11. I think most world economies are experiencing the same problems no matter what side of politics has been in power. She seemed very hard working,intelligent and kind, and world wide someone that young women can admire

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to even think about having a bug. Right now, I keep getting all these strange texts on my phone...so it is like there is always something to be afraid of. I just delete the texts but am so afraid I will accidentally open one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx