RECIPES

Sunday 15 January 2023

Simple Nails

 

Keeping with my Simplify theme for this year, I have thrown out all my nail polishes.  

Sometimes I used to enjoy painting my nails, but of late it has become nothing but a hassle and I have discovered I quite like the look of my nails with their Nude Look.




I can still go and visit a professional manicurist if I want something special, but for now I will stick to a very simple nail care routine.

After trimming with scissors, the nails are filed to shape.  The cuticles are gently pushed back and a little jojoba oil is rubbed into each.

Any oil can be used, but I prefer jojoba because it soaks in quickly and doesn’t leave any greasy feeling behind.

Massage some hand cream into the hands and the manicure is finished.  Couldn’t be easier!

And I am loving the extra space in the top drawer of my dressing table 😊

Margaret.

 

10 comments:

  1. I know that polish is hard on my nails...so I am a nude gal too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I put on clear nail polish in the hope that it will strengthen my nails which are forever in bad shape. I'd like to say it helps but it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never painted my nails. Maybe I should......after all there was a time when guys didn't wear earrings either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use clear polish now too though the colours can be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I threw out my nail polishes years ago. Better be nude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Margaret - and extra space when living in a confined /limited space is always good :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. My nails are so weak, if I did nothing they would split and break, but like you I have ditched the colour and keep a natural look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Nude" - LOL! Can I please cover you, this is too cute and funny!

    Oil, interesting! Here it´s winter and the nails break away all the time. This might help!
    I used stickers back then... when I was young...
    Thank you for the hint x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been biting my nails for years since i was a child, no matter how many times I try to stop it just doesn't happen but I do paint my toenails sometimes, my favourite colour is turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never polish my nails...my nails are not attractive polished or otherwise. So I leave them unpolished because I do not want to draw attention to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx