RECIPES

Monday 9 November 2020

Do You Like My New Hat?

 

When I was talking with my brother last week, he pointed out that the Warrant Of Fitness on my car was due to expire this week.  I never would have known!

This morning, I took my little car into the Service Centre (garage) and it passed with flying colours, so that is good for another twelve months.

When I left the garage I needed to drive around the block so as to avoid having to cross traffic, and there was a carpark right outside the Orphans Charity Shop.  It was meant for me, I’m sure it was meant for me LOL.

One of the first items I found was this lovely $3 hat.  Blue is one of my favourite colours and this will make a nice addition to my summer wardrobe.




Mittens was not impressed though.  She was more interested in returning to her snooze than admiring my hat.




I keep telling Myself to stop buying books but Myself never listens!!  Three books this time and I am looking forward to browsing through them.

The one about an Edwardian Childhood looks to be especially interesting, whereas the other two are basically cook books.




We are having heavy showers today, interspersed with little bouts of sunshine and accompanied by gusty winds.  There is a thunderstorm watch in place, so that might be something to look forward to later in the day. (Not!)

Have a happy day 😊

Margaret.



22 comments:

  1. Love the hat and the books look interesting. We just had a loud clap of thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great hat.

    We have car inspections here every year too. Another thing to look after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give Myself talks too...about books and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hat is nice...and what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat the Thunder and Lightning in the night was very loud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had really heavy rain but I never heard any thunder. Looking at Napier tonight, I think we got off fairly lightly.

      Delete
  6. Your hat looks brand new and no doubt will be a great help in keeping the sun off your head/face.
    The book about the Edwardian Childhood looks VERY interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hat looks much more stylish than the Speedy Gonzales thing Mr B used to keep the sun off me. You could wear your hat to a wedding. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cattern Cakes and Lace is one of the books I have and use for my 1st of the month country sayings blog pages. I'm glad you found a copy of it right around the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read through it this afternoon. What a fascinating book - I can see why you use it :)

      Delete
  9. You can't have too many books ever!! Love your hat, I have a huge floppy brimmed hat for our summers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hat! And Mittens is just too cute! Yes, I know what you mean, I ordered the new Jamie Oliver cookbook...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hat was a prize not to be missed! We have a whole selection of cookbooks but seem to get most of our new recipes from the internet these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOO don't we all love a charity shop bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes , you were definitely directed to that hat by a power above. Those books look very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning hat Margaret - an great buy. I would be most interested in the Cattern Recipes and lace book, as lacemaking is a hobby of mine.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    Your kitty Mittens is adorable. Your new hat is pretty and great selection of books. You found some great deals. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun finds!

    Another marked down book, is a lovely thing. -smile- You can always pass them along, when tired of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I love you new hat! Absolutely beautiful! (C'mon, Mittens, it's a truly lovely hat! 😻) Those books look very itneresting, especially the Edwardian Childhood!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx