RECIPES

Tuesday 20 October 2020

On The Way To A Lighthouse

 


Another great day today although it was rather cloudy and we did go through some rain at times.



I loved seeing some of the lovely old hotels, like this example at Cheltenham.




A stop at the Te Apiti Wind Farm was rather cool.  I was able to stand directly beneath one of the turbines and listen to its loud whooshing hum, something I have never done before.




Lunch was at the Pukaha National Wildlife Centre, a conservation place with a lot of wild birds.  Unfortunately it was too wet to see very much but the gift shop was interesting!




This multi-directional sign at Woodville points to all the other Woodvilles around the world.




Masterton was a lovely town and I would love to visit it again and explore it more.  It is hard to believe, but it was lightly raining when I photographed these lovely gardens.




Our final destination for the day was Castlepoint where we spent time exploring around the local lighthouse which was built in 1913 and is the tallest lighthouse in the North Island.



Once dark descended we were treated to a forty minute display of changing colours lighting up the lighthouse.  It was cold and windy outside but worth going out there to watch for a while.




We have very limited internet at this place and I had a lot of difficulty uploading photos.  Which is why I have arisen from my sleep and gone online now at this unearthly hour!

Cheers everyone,

Margaret 😊




 


18 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing travels of your beautiful country.
    The gardens look lovely - makes me feel spring is a long way away up here in the Northern Hemisphere

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in Woodville, Ontario, a hamlet near Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing some great exploring. Hope the rain holds up for tomorrow though it won’t deter you by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I love the lighthouse, it looks so pretty. Beautiful garden and nature center. Wonderful trips photos, Looks like you are having a fun time. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, love that big paint palette, love all the views. Sounding like a lot of fun stuff to see. I wish I had had the experience of staying in some of the old hotels. I bet their walls could really tell some stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great collection - and we get it about the struggle to upload photos.... a bottle of wine later and still waiting on the last one! Safe travels. F & Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos,congratulations and greetings from anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the signpost included the way to Woodville, Ontario, Canada, just west of Lindsay, population 650!
    Your photo of the lighthouse is lovely, what a view! I've been following where you have travelled via Google maps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! Too bad the weather is less than perfect but it sounds like you're having a good time in spite of that. Interesting about the lighthouse changing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep having fun! That Lighthouse is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for getting up and persisting in uploading the post Margaret - those photos are fabulous, and quite a few spots I have visited, so they bring back memories. The lighthouse night shot is spectacular
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure is a great trip and you look so happy - good to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Masterton, but have recently wondered about moving there. It looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Masterton. It had a really nice feel about the place.

      Delete
  15. Just catching up with your travel posts, Margaret. You sure covered a lot of ground. Wish I'd made it to Castlepoint but something else came up when I was down that way. Another time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx