RECIPES

Sunday 11 October 2020

A Grey Day

 

I surprised myself this morning by being up in time to see the sun rise – and just as well I was, as it disappeared soon after and hasn’t been seen since!

The whole day appears grey when the clouds are so heavy that the sun cannot shine through.


A grey day like today (only this photo is more interesting to look at than around home!)


Son and grand-daughter have been away this weekend so I have been on cat-and-rat-sitting duties.  So far they are all alive still, and I am remembering to feed them at the right times!


Mittens taking a dim view of a very quiet weekend

The weather forecast is for heavy rain tomorrow but just cloud today, so after doing the general housework and vacuuming up countless clumps of cat fur off the floor (they are moulting), I spent some time in my potted garden.


The horseshoe is still waiting to be hung, but at least it is sitting the right way up!


I filled several pots with fresh potting mix ready for some seedlings to be purchased.  The idea is to have this area full of summer flowers so that the deck becomes an inviting place to sit, so I think I will go mainly for annuals to give the best show.


Some cheerful calendula flowers to cheer up the day


One more week until Road Trip time.  I am getting excited 😊

Have a great weekend,

Margaret.








15 comments:

  1. I would be willing to bet that not too many people have been on cat and rat sitting duties! Not something I have ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few blooms sure brighten the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems as though our forecast of rain for tomorrow is now just cloud. Hope so. Not much sign of sun here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have your sunshine, it's been a couple of cold sunny days here, won't last for long, so we are making the most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our day did clear for a bit during the afternoon, but there was a cold wind the whole time - despite that I did have a wander around our local lake with the (extended) family!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late afternoon we had a bit of sun shine through - but this morning we are back to heavy cloud and it feels like rain. The wind still feels rather chilly.

      Delete
  6. Love the grey shot a lot - and also the last one, so cheery. May the luck fall in your horseshoe.
    Looking forward to a trip is always wonderful. Keep the animals alive and have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Pretty view of the water. The flowers are beautiful. I like the cute gnome. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blooms would look good at my house! We have had fog all morn so far...wondering when it is going to.lift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cat and rat sitting. Oh heavens. You are used to the rats. Do the cats get along with the rats?
    Bright flowers will be a wonderful addition to the deck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they think we are not looking, the cats will sit and stare at the cage but they have never attempted to disturb them (that we know of!).

      Delete
  10. Our neighbour hamster sat for us one time and the little thing died. She felt so bad. Hope you have better luck with the cat and rat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hve the same sort of day as I look outside, gray skies as we wait for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully the dreary weather will be gone by the time you leave on your Road Trip.
    I remember way back when one of my sons got his turn to take the class guinea pig home for the weekend and it died.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely looking forward to you taking me on the road trip!! At the moment there are no plans for a road trip of my own as we are being encouraged to stay at home due to the Covid numbers going up. Grey skies here today but yesterday was a brilliant day.... just the right temperature for walking and a lovely blue sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx