RECIPES

Wednesday 14 October 2020

A Quick Update

 The days seem to be sliding past very quickly at the moment and I suddenly discover I haven't even looked at my blog for a couple of days.  

What have I been doing?  Nothing much really!  I have packed my bag for our road trip several times, and have now got it down to a small suitcase and a couple of shopping bags.

The bedroom is almost tidy again after being turned upside down as I organized my packing.  The rain has given way to some sunshine, and the cold evenings are back to being warmer again.

My breakfasts have changed to a Seed Muesli with yoghurt and fresh fruit, as it is nice to have a change sometimes.  

To my quarter cup of rolled oats I add 1 teaspoon each of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflowers seeds, and flax seeds, and 2 teaspoons of chia seeds as well as two chopped up brazil nuts.  Top it with fresh fruit and a dollop of unsweetened natural live yoghurt and a sprinkle of spice.  



I hope everyone is having a good week.

Cheers,

Margaret.



17 comments:

  1. Roll on the road trip. You're keeping up your strength with that brekkie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Your breakfast sounds healthy and delicious. I know you must really be excited for your trip!
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure which I dread more...the packing or the UNpacking...probably the packing cause I am afraid I will forget something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the UNpacking that gets me and all the things that need to be washed!

      Delete
  5. Breakfast looks great. It reminds me how much I love baked apples. Hummm...lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your road trip. F cant wait to see your pictures. (She used to make her own toasted mueslei but a few years ago changed the habit of a lifetime i.e. belief that breakfast is the most important meal and took up 16/8 fasting in an endeavour to stave off meno whatucallit weight gain. She decided then that breakfast had to go but looking at your blog pic had cravings for mueslei fruit and yogburt which doesn't get a look in at lunch and dinner.) xxx Mr T who believes in the see food diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only we could all follow the see-food-and-eat-it diet!!

      Delete
  7. I must have missed it - where are you going on your road trip? Brekkie looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading down the Waiarapa and then home via Taranaki. Hopefully the weather will be better than today's (it is freezing here!).

      Delete
    2. Cold here as well. I woke at 4 a.m. and it was 5 degrees - winter temperature. Enjoy your trip.

      Delete
  8. I sure can understand your being distracted by the upcoming trip. And the hassle of choosing what to pack and what not to pack. Hopefully your weather improves! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is some healthy brekkie!
    Wishing you all the fun on your road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All going good here, we love pumpkins seeds, in fact my daughter roasts them in the oven for us to sometimes snack on, they are suppose to be terribly good for you. Drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your breakfast sounds similar to mine, but I soak my seeds, spice, dried fruits and oats in yoghurt overnight.
    Do hope your road trip is a wonderful one for you - you sound well prepared :).
    I am doing a road trip later in the month with a couple of friends.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just serves to remind me that I have been having the same bowl of cereal every morning for about twenty years now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.