RECIPES

Wednesday 7 December 2022

Off To The Beach

 

The weather has been cloudy today, threatening rain.  The next few days are meant to be wet, maybe with a thunderstorm or two.

Perfect weather to go to the beach?  Not really, but daughter and I are heading off that way for a couple of days from tomorrow.

We are going to go to Mount Maunganui (roughly two hours from home), a well-known surfing spot and a popular place to be during the hottest days of summer. 

These photos were taken a few years ago, but I doubt if anything has changed very much.


Mount Maunganui sits on a promontory.  This is the Ocean Beach side.  


There are plenty of places we can go for a walk – along the ocean beach, around the harbour, up the Mount itself or around its base, and there is always town and lots of cafes to visit if we want.  Or maybe even a cruise on the harbour or a drive over to nearby Tauranga city. 

We will have lots of options, but most of the time I am happy to potter around on the beach or just sit and people watch.  It is to be a peaceful relaxing break so I am leaving my laptop at home and may even switch my phone off.


On the other side is Pilot Bay harbour, as well as Tauranga Wharf

One thing I am really looking forward to is going to sleep listening to the ocean waves.  I’ve not done that for a while and it is one thing I miss about no longer living next to the beach.

See you again when we return 😊

Margaret.

 


 

13 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Margaret! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds sooooo good! I wish you loads of fun. I love listening to the ocean till I fall asleep. Oh. Last time was 1999, it´s about time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Mt Mauganui, going to sleep listening to the waves, strolls on the beach, up and round the mount, a cruise. Sheer joy! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time away with your daughter. She will no doubt enjoy the sights and sounds of home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds perfect...what beautiful photos and you should get a wonderful night's sleep. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of waves at night too! What a pretty area you will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a really great time. It looks idyllic. xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing better than the sound of waves to put you to sleep!! Have a great time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Off to the beach" sounds wonderful! We have had days and daays of cloudy, rainy, dreary days. Hope you and your daughter enjoy every minute of your time together. What a special trip. I too love the sounds of the waves at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have fun and get to just relax and enjoy things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect place for a getaway with your daughter, and not too far from home either. I hope you enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx