RECIPES

Tuesday 6 December 2022

Christmas Is Coming

 

Less than three weeks now until Christmas arrives.  Town is busy and summer-silly-season is getting into full swing.

Not only is Christmas on the horizon, but schools are ending for the year and the majority of people are getting ready to take their annual holidays.

I thought it was time to put up a few decorations and this was the result.  Not the most attractive of arrangements, but it sparkles and twinkles and makes the room look happier.




I also finished icing the Christmas Cake.  The almond icing went on first, followed by white royal icing.  I was going to make up some so I could do some decorating but decided it was much easier at this time to simply buy a packet or two of icing.

The icing got rolled out to the right size and lifted into place.  A few decorations were then added on top.  All I can say is I am thankful the cake is just for family eating – no need to put it on display as a perfect looking cake!




I have been teaching daughter how to drive on the “wrong” side of the road again.  It is coming back to her quite quickly – she is a good driver but it does take some adjustment to drive on the different side of the road than what you are used to.

Have a happy day 😊

Margaret.

 

11 comments:

  1. I think it would be very hard to learn to drive on the opposite side of the road then what you're used to. Of course I'm an old dog and they say it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
    I think your Christmas cake is beautiful truly looks like snow and your Nativity is sweet sitting on it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I hope it doesn't turn cold! Another heavy rain watch here for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your nativity on the cake Margaret - and simple is always acceptable to my way of thinking. We have no decorations up as DD had surgery last week... so far the biopsy results are looking hopeful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely cake. With the decos you're ready for the most wonderful xmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should put some lights in the fire and it will look like it’s on.
    I do that with my fireplaces and it makes it feel more like a northern hemisphere Christmas.
    My cats like to sit in front of it because they think it’s on lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter must be very happy to have returned to the good order, lack of guns and political civility of New Zealand. If I were her I'd be making plans to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you can do your Christmas prep with your young woman! The decorations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute looking cake! I think it would take me a while to learn to drive on the other side of the road as well. I am sure you know when there is a crazy tourist in town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised Millie and Mittens leave the decorations alone. It must be such a temptation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thing Tigger doesn't live at yours - the wee blighter eats tinsel! We have had to throw all ours away because he is strangely compelled by the stuff and seems to get at it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you decorated! And I love that 'vase' on the table. Not sure if vase is the correct term, but you know what I mean. I don't know if I could ever get used to driving on the side of the road that is wrong to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx