RECIPES

Monday 5 December 2022

My Daughter Is Here!

 

What a thrilling day!  It is four years since I last saw my daughter, and this morning she flew into Auckland from Los Angeles to spend a few weeks with us.

I was up at 4.30am so I could drive up there and meet her (a 90 minute drive).  It is a few years since I was last at the International Airport and was glad there were two ushers directing traffic through the short (and extremely busy) public area.  You can only stop for a few minutes, just long enough to drop-off or pick-up a passenger.

Somehow or rather, I managed to get on the wrong road leaving the Airport (I arrived there safely enough), and we ended up going through a lot of streets I never recognised before we finally found our way back onto the Motorway.  We laughed about it!

Soon after leaving Auckland, we stopped at the Bombay Autobahn to get ourselves some breakfast and have some quiet time together.

I had a salmon and feta quiche followed by a custard tart and a hot chocolate.




We arrived home mid-morning and I don’t think we have stopped talking since!  Mittens was not very impressed to have a stranger in the house (she never is), but by this evening she is starting to come round.

It looks like it may be an early night tonight as we are both rather tired.

Tired but happy 😊

Margaret.

 

21 comments:

  1. Enjoy her visit. I know you will.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I hope you'll enjoy your time with your daughter, and that Mittens will warm up too :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good it must be after several years. Have a wonderful time together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine the excitement on both sides. She must be thrilled to be seeing you and her homeland.
    Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you guys stop for breakfast you really have breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, I hope you have a lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for giving me a VERY BIG smile!!!! To happy times, ENJOY! (Sorry for screaming, but this sounds so wonderful). xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 years is a long time, make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful reunion! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful visit with your daughter. I can't imagine not seeing one of my children for 4 years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to say thanks to Covid for such a long separation. It's not normal :)

      Delete
  11. Cats are never happy to have a stranger in the house, but they know when one's a family member of their beloved human. My cats always jump out the window and not come back until the plumber or electrician leaves, but when my nephew showed up, they came back, and two of my three cats actually let him pet them. Except for Princessa, and she's a lunatic.

    Great that your daughter's with you.

    And the food looks so great, it makes me hungry just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mittens is still wary this morning but hasn't run away. Millie, on the other hand, has already done a leg-rub and a meow and is quite happy to have her here.

      Delete
  12. wow that's a long flight, how lovely for you spending time with your daughter. I'm like that with my oldest son who lives in Auckland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for you, Margaret. Enjoy every minute of your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful time you will be having - enjoy!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only imagine how wonderful to see your daughter after 4 yrs! I hope you get to enjoy every minute and do everything you want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.