RECIPES

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Winter Flowers

We have a gorgeous sunny winter’s day here, with a forecast high of 18 degrees Celsius.  I enjoyed doing my usual Tuesday shopping, visiting two different supermarkets, a Dutch delicatessen (I love their gouda cheese), an op shop (no finds today), and petrol for the car.

I always enjoy seeing the jonquils blooming in late winter.



A lot of rhododendrons and camellias are also coming out in flower.



After lunch I felt inspired to wander around our garden to see what blooms we have here. 

I loved the sunny gold colour of this polyanthus.



There were white fairy primulas nestled beneath the sweetpeas.



One of the hanging baskets is putting on a brave repeat show of sweet little faces.



Some of the spring bulbs I planted have begun to flower, but I can’t remember whether these are the anemones or the ranunculas!!



On the Toilet Scene, the builder has been to inspect and says the whole floor needs replacing – preferably with hardwood and not chipboard that was used previously.  The plumber is due to arrive this afternoon and he will hopefully be able to disconnect everything – the toilet is continuing to sink further into the floor so I will be happy when it is removed.

Thank goodness for portable camping toilets!

Margaret J


12 comments:

  1. Good that the builder was able to come so soon. Let's hope the plumber does as well and things can progress. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your garden photos Margaret.
    I am still going through what you are about to go through... only it's my SiL who is doing the bulk of the work, so I was three days without a loo.... thank goodness for wonderful neighbours!!
    The bathroom is nearing completion now, three months after the massive leak was found. By the time all the rot was removed I had lost the adjoining wall to the toilet as well as over half of both floors... I hope your work goes way faster :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a catastrophe . Get those workmen working !! All the best for a quick and strong fix up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that before long you will be flushed with happiness again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL there are a lot of toilet-humour jokes flying around the family at the moment :))

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    Your flowers are just beautiful. Lots of pretty colors.. I hope all goes well with the toilet and the floor. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful flowers...some new to me. I sure hope the bathroom situation is resolved soon fir you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring has sprung there already. 18 C is a great temperature for hiking and gardening. Perfect!

    Good luck with the toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are lovely, I've been admiring a number of flowering trees here lately. rhododendrons are a firm favourite. Glad the loo situation is being resolved. I think I would tire of a portaloo very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The late winter blooms are so lovely!
    I imagine that tearing out the old floor and building a new one will be quite an expense.
    Hopefully work can begin quickly and get done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, gouda! Or Tilsiter, Esrom, Cheddar.... ohhhh, stop me ;-)
    With grapes, hmmmmm.... No breadrolls come Saturday, I know what I want!

    Beautiful flowers, still nothing here!

    Oh, toilets, we can shake hands, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty flowers! You have nice weather year round! Hope all goes well with the bathroom repairs:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx