RECIPES

Saturday 21 December 2019

A Pleasant Saturday


Today has mostly been sunny with a few fluffy clouds around and a little bit of breeze.  I spent the morning writing emails and doing the laundry, which was dry within a couple of hours.




After lunch I drove grand-daughter and a friend across the city to the Waterworld swimming pool complex, where I left them to enjoy a couple of hours swimming and hydrosliding while I visited the supermarket for a few forgotten items (just like all the other people!  I broke my own rule on avoiding shops, but at least everyone seemed to be in a happy mood).

The supermarket foyer was welcoming with a Christmas tree on display.




As I still had a while to wait for the girls, I found a shady street to park in and settled down to a little snooze.  The road I chose was the back road to the racecourse, so I figured there would not be much traffic on it.  Wrong!  There was a race meeting this afternoon and quite a lot of taxis and horse trucks were going up and down the road.  So, no snooze but it was interesting watching the traffic.


The girls enjoyed their time swimming, and I enjoyed my cup of tea when I returned home.  I purchased a box of Christmas fruit mince tarts, so had a couple with my cuppa.  Very nice but also very rich – even though they are small, I think one would have been more than enough.


All in all, it has been a rather pleasant day.

Margaret.


6 comments:

  1. Like you I went to the grocery store today. I noticed as well that people were patient with line-ups and looked reasonably pleasant. Turkeys were harder to find this year and I had to pay more than usual but couldn't imagine the Christmas meal without it. It's 10C on the porch which I believe is fridge temperature so maybe I could leave it out there. Freezer room is at a premium. I'll wait and see what weather we're in store for. Have a nice relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's it going with your plan to eat better and lose some weight going? You didn't give us an update on that. You started out well and seemed to be looking forward to the challenge.i am not sure that buying a box of mince tarts is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It is Christmas David! I'm still following a good dietary and the scales are still heading downwards instead of up - albeit very slow, but then apparently that is good as it is more likely to stay off.

      Delete
  3. I have to venture to the stores today for a few items too. Ugh! A walk is in order too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a nice day. I went to the grocery shop early this morning and it was still quiet. It looks so nice to see the sun and blue sky! Today is our darkest day, it is the winter solstice tomorrow. December has been very dark and grey, not many days with sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is our longest day, with us being in the Southern Hemisphere. I am just about to do a post about it. You will be looking forward to the days growing longer while ours will now begin to shorten.

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx