RECIPES

Tuesday 25 October 2022

Technology Grrrrs

 

I don’t consider myself as being stupid, but sometimes I have great difficulty in figuring out technology.

It has been some time since I added a new contact to my email list, but when I tried to do so today everything is different!  The old way of doing it is no more, and I had the greatest trouble trying to work out what I needed to change.

In the end, I got Son to look at it – and it took him a few goes to work it out, but we eventually got there. 


Four years ago today, I went for a walk below the Arizona Snowbowl ski field

Why, oh why, do THEY have to keep changing things?

Blogger does it to me, Facebook does it to me, Windows does it to me.  Even my phone does it to me!  And just when I think I have the television worked out, it wants to do an update and sends me cryptic messages that throw me all out again.


It was a glorious autumn day

Sometimes I want to throw my hands up in frustration and say I don’t want anything more to do with technology, then I remember my grandmother refusing to buy a certain fridge “because it has a computer in it” and realise we have to adapt to our times and go with the changes.


These fallen Aspen leaves looked like golden pennies scattered on the ground


I get used to the changes eventually 😊

Margaret.

 


12 comments:

  1. I really don't like learning how to work a new machine - many, many years ago on a very bad day I remember bursting into tears over a new washing machine!
    Luckily everything in the house is behaving itself at the moment. Good luck with your technology

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so frustrating, updates all the time, like you I can see my way around technology until they change, and often for no reason which I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful scenery indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not convinced that all change is for the better, however, and it is often not even for our benefit. It is designed to fuel the monster called corporate greed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about technology! The updates on things can be so frustrating! Change is constant but I can’t change fast enough any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you too, sometimes I long or knobs and on and off switches. Like the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your frustration with technology and the endless changes that we have to master. I used to be able to add blogs to my blog list but after making some mistake and losing the entire list I'm petrified of trying again. ( It was painstaking work getting all my information back again, but I succeeded.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and I am SO with you!!! Frustrating it is! But it keeps our brains fit.
    YET! Sometimes I wonder: Do they not test their stuff? For one year I worked as Software tester and tried to come up with the dumbest things people can do - and found many things that were not programmed correctly.
    This happened to Ingo in 1993 already as he programed something, date required and people put it in differently. You need testers! Also usability gets neglected way too often!
    I told them what´s wrong, answer, "yah, you can make a note". Aha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far, we have been able to work our way through any technological issues that we have had but it takes more and more time. Something that takes us 15 minutes our kids could probably do within a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always look on "Updates" with a wary eye. What do "they" want to make me "do" differently now?????? What *wonder* do "they" have in store for me? -sigh-

    But you are right, we have to move with the flow, as much as we can..... Not being afraid to ask for help along the way.

    πŸπŸŒ°πŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸŒ°πŸ
    "Hark! The wind is rising,
    And the air is full of leaves.
    We've had our summer evenings.
    Now, for October Eves."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes the dreaded update that leaves us confused and bewildered, they always come at the time when we have finally mastered the previous one! I hope it gets easier with time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As with everything, sometimes there is good and other times it is bad. And I always wonder if I am the only one frustrated by certain changesl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx