RECIPES

Tuesday 9 November 2021

A Bagful of Delights

 

It is a beautiful day here today.  The sun is shining, the skies are blue with only a few fluffy clouds, and the temperature is beginning to feel like summer.

This little garden is loving it!




I made a visit to a local charity shop to drop off three boxes full of ‘goodies’ for someone else to treasure – and came home with a small bag full of ‘goodies’ for me to treasure.

At least I came home with less than I took.

The Queen Anne cup and saucer set cost me $15 but everything else was only $1 each, so I was quite happy with my purchases – a couple of table mats, a photo frame, a sweet glass horse and an iridescent kitty, a Victoriana photo album (with places to slip your photos inside), a book of vegetarian cooking, and a Country Diary book of decorating (following the style of Edith Holden).




I didn’t really need any of these items, but it always feels good to do some Retail Therapy (especially with the bonus of it being a bargain).

The cup and saucer set has been washed and used already. 

Fine china always seems to make tea taste so much better, don’t you agree? 😊

Margaret.



13 comments:

  1. A bagful of delights and a bagful of bargains! Your cup and saucer is very like a set of my grandmother's that I had and broke recently. I was devastated. Tea always tasted better from it. Love the cute little kitty, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame it got broken. I hope you manage to find a replacement, but it still won't be the same will it? You can't replace sentimental value, sadly.

      Delete
  2. Your teacup caught my eye right away!! It's lovely. The lace pieces are pretty, in fact, all your finds are sweet. It's such fun finding inexpensive treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful haul of goodies Margaret - and well done on a great buy with the cup and saucer!
    our garden is looking beautiful - I am envious.
    I have a rose here at the rental, and it was looking wonderful and healthy after its first prune in years - went out the other day and all the leaves had been chewed off! I have never seen that before, and I have grown roses for years!! At least the bud is still there
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really strange Maxine. I've never heard of that happening either - I wonder what chewed them?

      Delete
  4. I have a different favourite cup for each of my favourite drinks, so i totally agree that tea tastes best in a china cup. I love your picture of the flowerbed, so joyful. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean. I love your idea of having different cups like that :)

      Delete
  5. It's always fun to find something that "needs a home"... you found goodies perfect for you, and yours will be just right for someone else. What a great way to "recycle"! We have a book warehouse here that's supported by our public library...they accept books, magazines, music, etc. A great way to share. Looks likes you're ready to settle in, a cup of tea and a good book to enjoy...perfect! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cup and saucer. I use my mother’s cups and saucers with the grandchildren for afternoon tea. We all enjoy it. Mom would be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found a bunch of treasures! I never have that much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. F loves the cup. She inherited quite a selection from 2 grandmothers. However your flowering garden box tops everything - that's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tus flores se ven bonitas y lo que compraste también. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx