RECIPES

Saturday 9 September 2023

Well Done, France

 

The menfolk in the family are not happy.  The Rugby World Cup kicked off today in Paris, France, and our All Blacks played the French rugby team and managed to lose quite convincingly.

I thought France played well, but the fact that we lost such an important game (after losing an equally important game two weeks ago to the South Africans) does not go down well with a lot of All Black supporters. 

I won’t repeat any of the comments I have heard made!


A scrum, at a time when we were actually ahead on the scoreboard


I enjoy watching rugby and will enjoy watching other World Cup games that are on when I am awake (the getting up in the wee hours to watch rugby is not my cup of tea). 

Every weekend the last several months I have watched Super Rugby competition games, and now have been watching the Provincial Championships (we have a SkySport subscription, so I can watch it all from the comfort of my armchair).

Rugby is about the only sport I follow, and, strangely, I don’t really mind which team wins.  It is more important to me that the game is not tainted with cheating or a biased referee (both of which happen at times).

Do you have a sport that you like to follow?

Cheers,

Margaret 😊

 

17 comments:

  1. I watch Ice Hockey once in awhile...I am not a fan of many sports:) Years ago I loved to watch bowling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite sport is football. I guess, I should clarify, American Football. College or the NFL. Our season just started yesterday so we have months of watching ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really much of a sports fan although I can watch hockey. Football I don't understand at all.
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, hockey is one sport I really do not like. Just as well we are all different! :)

      Delete
  4. Darn, how can I tell every here now that the All Blacks are unbeatable? Not that they'd know anything about them anyway. May have to pretend till they get back into the top notch again

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Welsh husband loves rugby, he loves to watch, and so now do I, on the same lines, I love tennis and now so does he.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son loves tennis, so I get to see quite a lot of that too :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Margaret! Just stopping by to say hello! I live in Texas and we have several well known sports teams such as the Dallas Cowboys but I dont follow any of them. We watch college football, primarily the team representing the university my husband attended. Unfortunately, most of the time we can’t see it on tv and have to listen to it on the radio which feels very antiquated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa. I remember my father listening to games on the radio - we are certainly spoilt today to be able to watch a match on TV :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Margaret, I sat down to watch the game but tuned to the wrong channel and accidentally discovered the tennis US Open was on at the same time. I managed to check on the All Blacks' progress during the ad breaks. Although I'm an avid supporter of our local rugby team, I don't have the same enthusiasm for the ABs. But I do love watching tennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you missed much! The tennis has had some epic matches to watch (if I don't see them, son tells me all about them LOL).

      Delete
  8. Sorry, forgot to identify myself - again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. People sitting in front of a TV watching sports baffles me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in hospital at the time of the game, and it was interesting to watch the reactions to those around me - staff and patients :)
    No, I don't have any particular sport I follow - I used to watch cricket a bit with DH, but nothing now
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that means you are home again now Maxine. Not much fun being in hospital. Hugz, Mxx

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx