RECIPES

Saturday 11 February 2023

CT Scan Done

 

I went for my CT scan yesterday.  It was an experience! 

I’ve never had one before and this one came with an IV injection of contrast (dye) to show up the heart and blood vessels more.

I was warned what to expect – feelings of heat, and a metallic taste in the mouth.  Also a feeling like you want to have a pee, only I felt like I already had!  I hadn’t, of course, and the feeling only lasted mere seconds but it was certainly strange.


In the peaceful Garden of Retreat in Flowing Happiness (Hamilton Gardens)


The scanning machine got cranked up, sounding like some sci-fi thing out of Star Wars or something, and the lights started whirring around on the inside of the tunnel.  I can see why some people feel nauseous – I had to shut my eyes!

And then it was all over and I was back out in the other room, until the IV tube could be removed and I was allowed to head home again.

Now we wait a few weeks for the results to come through 😊

Margaret.

 

12 comments:

  1. Glad that’s over, Margaret. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for good results

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to have that just before Christmas. It really does feel like you have wet yourself
    I got an all clear. Hope you do too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it wasn't too awful an experience. Now you just have to wait for what hopefully will be good results.
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scans are horrid, aren't they? The last one I had was just of my head, I was so glad it was over before I knew it had started. Good luck. I hope your results are positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these tests and scans are so uncomfortable. I hope the results are what you want to hear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaky (helpful) things, those machines!
    I can´t remember I think it was an CT, not an MRT back in 2002 butt I still have titanium in my arm and the stupid doctor said I could get burns 3rd degree and am to push the button in case I feel heat.
    He also missed to tell me about the changing sounds.
    His assistant reassured me, no burnings, but, boy, was I scared!
    Sadly I didn´t think of Star Wars ;-)

    Huge wishes the results will show all is as good as can be!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, good luck. I am allergic to the contrast dye which really creates a problem for me and I cannot have those scans at all. Yippee for me but difficult for a physician trying to diagnose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the worst experiences of my life when I had mine. I almost freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i remember my grandmother (mum's mother) having one many years ago when she had angina. Here's hoping for positive results for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it is over, waiting for results is the hard part.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx