RECIPES

Tuesday 12 July 2022

A Herb Garden For Me

 

It is raining heavily here this morning and the dark night has lingered far longer than it ought.  But, then, it is mid-winter so I will not complain.

Before this current round of wet weather arrived, son helped me to set up my little herb garden.  We bought plain storage cube boxes and he has drilled holes in the bottom before filling them with potting mix.




The cubes are sitting atop what will become another storage place for firewood.  The herbs should look good when looking out the window here.

From left to right, I have so far planted pineapple sage, upright rosemary, English lavender, garden mint, and common thyme at the far right. 

One of the two empty boxes is designated for some salad burnet, but I am not sure yet of the other one.  I am thinking maybe sweet violets or lemon balm.

Mittens is quite unimpressed by it all.




May your day be a happy one 😊

Margaret.

 

12 comments:

  1. Mittens would probably prefer that you plant some Catnip in one of the empty containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigger would also recommend catnip. What about some calamint, oregano or marjoram, or some sweet cicely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mittens would love the catnip, as would Millie - and probably roll on all my herbs! I am hoping to use them mostly for herbal tisanes so was looking for things that have no side effects (which will probably rule out the lemon balm).

      Delete
  3. Herbs sounds great! And what a cute parting pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wish we were home more so we could do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a great herb garden.

    We planted dill and basil this year. Both are slow to grow but are still alive so that’s something…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your herb garden is looking wonderful! Hope you work out what to put in your spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that there's a spot for firewood underneath...so clever! I've always thought it would be fun to have a little tea garden...maybe chamomile, mint, etc. Just a thought if you're an herbal tea drinker! It all looks terrific. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing quite like having your own fresh herbs whether it be for mint tea or home made pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea for a raised garden, Margaret. Especially as it doubles as firewood storage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx