RECIPES

Thursday 21 April 2022

Disappearing For A Few Days

 

Thought I’d better pop on here to say I am going to be away for a few days.  It is time for another Girls Only time away!

Myself and two girlfriends are leaving early tomorrow to spend some time at the beach, and I am really looking forward to it.

It will be a screenless few days as there is no internet access at the place we are staying, so I am not even attempting to take my laptop with me.


Mittens says she will miss me while I am away


I was speaking with my daughter this morning, and there is a large wild fire burning out of control near the city of Flagstaff AZ, where she lives.  Their home is not in any danger, but I feel for the people who are having to be evacuated with the prospect of possibly never seeing their homes again.

It is a traumatic time for anyone who faces this situation, and I find this fire particularly sad as I know the area involved quite well. 

I hope the fire will soon be brought under control and that everyone will be kept safe.

See you all again next week sometime,

Margaret 😊

 

14 comments:

  1. Have a great time with your friends and I hope the fire will be under control - frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that when you read this you've had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time. A holiday with girlfriends has got to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time. Wildfires in western North America are fickle and can change on a dime, and wind-borne embers can start other fires in dry underbrush. Let's all hope they get it under control quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the time change, you're already on the road...enjoy lots of rest and relaxation! Tell us all about it when you're back, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for telling us, that you will be away. We won't worry, thus.

    And since you do not live alone, and your home will be occupied, you aren't putting it in danger of being broken into, by saying this, on the net.

    Enjoy!!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few days at the beach sounds wonderful. Have fun. Mittens looks like he is saying, don't go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your break. Mittens - it's time to invent some mischief! xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your daughter continues to be safe! Have a nice vacation, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good time away! I hope they get the fire under control soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your daughter will be ok, enjoy your time away

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are having a great time, Margaret. Girls getaways are the best, huh? It could be all over by now, I'm so late in catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx