RECIPES

Friday 8 April 2022

Cornwall Park, Hastings

 

Firstly, thankyou so much to all the dear readers who wished me a happy birthday on my last post.  Your comments helped to make my day very special.

I was sorting through some of my photos and saw that it was thirteen years ago today that husband and I visited Cornwall Park in Hastings (Hawkes Bay).


It was refreshing to be able to stroll along the green grass
beneath these beautiful mature trees

A splashing fountain and some contented wild fowl

Inside the Garden House

Wandering through the New Zealand Garden

Enjoying the solitude of the Chinese Garden

These stone seats looked so quaint in this setting

Cornwall Park is quite extensive, and we could have stayed
much longer here if time had allowed


Apart from having my car serviced yesterday, life has been very quiet.  Sometimes it is nice to just reflect back on happy memories.

Margaret 😊

 




16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. Love the sun on trees in your header photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always good to reflect on happy memories, helps us to stay somewhat positive. I must put that place on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life on pause is always a comfort to me, our days can be so busy, having some time to ourselves is pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Cornwall Gardens is a beautiful spot Margaret, and yes, happy memories are a real boost when life is quiet
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Margaret. I was trying to remember where the park was so I've just been on a breakfast-long tour of Hastings reminding myself of all my old haunts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful park - a place to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NZ has such wonderful parks and gardens, not to mention the walkways through bush and forest. It all looks idyllic c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo with the red reflections. That was a great memory, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photos sure do help preserve our memories...this looks like a park I would enjoy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My but that looks like a lovely spot. One could easily spend a day enjoying it. I'd love to walk in the Garden House!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very, very bitter-sweet post and I like to emphasize the sweet part.
    At least we have wonderful memories, thank you for sharing, Margaret, hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place. New Zealand does do parks and gardens exceedingly well doesn't it? Just another reason to look forward to moving 'home'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those stone seats! it's all so green, the red from the Chinese Garden really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blog hopped and found you and what a lovely blog you have to read. I've read back a bit and had an enjoyable 20 mins. Gorgeous tree ferns so majestic, I can't grow them here, and I've tried several times.
    I have a friend in Wanganui who I've met when she's visited UK, she too is getting her garden ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, I'm glad you enjoyed reading here :)

      Delete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.