RECIPES

Saturday 26 June 2021

A Pretty Gift

 

As many of you know, I recently house and pet sat for my brother and his wife while they were away.  I visited them yesterday, and my dear sister-in-law gave me the prettiest scarf and a bag for a thankyou gift.

I adore the colours in this scarf, and it is so light and soft that I am sure it will be a pleasure to wear.




The jute bag, with a sweet penguin on the front (all the way from Oamaru, where they watched the Little Blue penguins coming ashore in the evening), is the perfect size for my laptop, which will be marvellous whenever I take it out somewhere with me.

We had heavy rain overnight and it is threatening again now (mid-morning).  We used to say that wet weather was only any good for ducks – but I think the blackbirds love it more! 

The lawn was almost alive this morning, with several blackbirds hopping around and feasting on all the worms that had come to the surface because of the wet ground.

Blackbird heaven 😊

Margaret, xx

 

(The cross-stitch and bead lady, in the picture, was worked by my mother several years ago – I know how long it took her to do, so it is something I treasure)

18 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts. It's always great when people for whom you have dine favours show their appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is beautiful, I love the colors too. We have blackbirds in Norway, but not here. We've had sunny weather most of the week, but today meteo predicts rain and strong wind (I'm sure just because it's weekend! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of them to give you those thoughtful gifts. I treasure sone things made by my mother and grandmother. It's so nice to have these heirlooms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scarf. You will feel special waering that. F misses blackbirds, Mr T not so much (we had one that used to terrorize him; dive bombing.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blackbirds here are loving the fresh soil in my new veg beds.

    Goodness that x stitch picture is amazing, your Mum must have had so much patience to do it, definitely something to treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous scarf Margaret, it's beautiful! I was looking at the picture and thinking it was cross stitched!! Thanks for confirming it - it surely would have taken a while!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello from another Maxine. (There are not many of us!). I'm in northern Idaho, USA.

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty scarf. You can never have too many. Rain here again, I’m trying to get out in the garden but it has been so wet. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the beautiful cross stitch! It reminds me of my Mom because she did those as well :) Thank you so much for the kind greetings Margaret! Hugs to New Zealand :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cross stitch work is gorgeous. A beautiful craft! Love the scarf too. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH-THAT-SCARF~!!!!!!!!!!

    It is simply lovely!!! Love it to bits!!!!!!!

    🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scarf you received as a gift for house-sitting. The picture that your Mother created is lovely and I enlarged the picture so I could see it even more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is nice, I have a thing for scarves, I've picked up quite a few in local op shops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scarf is pretty but your mother´s work sure steals the whole show! Beautiful memory, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lovely scarf looks perfectly at home beside the beautiful cross stitch. I always hang a new scarf over the door for a while, it gives me more pleasure to see it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was only me did that sort of thing!!

      Delete
  15. Preciosos regalos y el cuadro de punto de cruz es precioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely scarf!that cross stitch is amazing...I saw that pattern years ago...I believe there are several to the set...all that work wow:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.