RECIPES

Sunday 1 October 2023

The Orchid Show

 

The National Orchid Show (named Orchids & More) has been here at Hamilton this year, so I took the opportunity of visiting it.  

Orchids may not be my most favourite bloom, but I was impressed by the variety available and the richness of so many of the colours was amazing.

Each individual Orchid Society had their own display – some of them quite impressive – and there were also stands selling plants and pots and fertilizers etc.





















It did not take me very long to see everything, but I will say I really enjoyed my visit.

Margaret 😊

 

HEADER PHOTO FOR OCTOBER 2023

Wairere Falls has the distinction of being the highest waterfall in the North Island (153 metres) and is found in the Kaimai Ranges near Matamata.  It is visible for miles around, and after heavy rain can look quite spectacular.  There is a track that leads to the top, involving a steep flight of steps at one stage.  Although the walk is quite picturesque, it can also be quite challenging for the unprepared.  The views from the top are what makes the trek worthwhile.




10 comments:

  1. Love your new header photo. Orchids are beautiful, you are lucky to have the National Orchid show on your doorstep. Thanks for the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waterfall is beautiful! I guess one has to be in very good shape to be able to get to the top. Rules me out.

    The orchids are lovely. I had one once but couldn't get it to bloom so I gave it to someone with more patience than I have. Happy October!! GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing variety of orchids, and so beautifully displayed!! I am sure you enjoyed visiting the show Margaret.
    A great shot of the falls - I have yet to trek to the top, but have seen them from the road
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I've heard of those falls though I darn well should have. They make a lovely header

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful orchids! I didn't know there where such a variety. The waterfall is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think orchids are so beautiful, but they are not something I especially want. But love to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, your orchid photos are lovely. What a treat to have the orchid show so close to you. I like your waterfall header too. You were so lucky to get a bright blue sky for the photo, we haven't had many of those here yet. Still lots of wind and rain, but then, it is Spring :) Hugs, Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time and dedication that orchid growers put into craft. They are certainly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orchids are so beautiful. I have a small one that is finally blooming again after a couple of years with it just hanging around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx