RECIPES

Thursday 1 June 2023

Ten Years Old

 

Sometimes the years seem to roll by so quickly and other times they don’t.  Yesterday my youngest granddaughter turned ten years old, and it doesn’t seem that long ago since she was just a babe in arms.

Her hair is the same colour that mine used to be, and we had a fascinating conversation about old people having grey or white hair.  I figure she thinks I am really ancient!

Last year I experimented with cutting back the strawberry plants to help them fruit better a second year and it seemed to work quite well, so I have done the same again this year.




This coming weekend will be a holiday one (no work on Monday) as it will be Kings Birthday Weekend.  It is taking a bit of getting used to calling it a different name after calling it Queens Birthday all my life.

We have no plans for going away – over the years, I have discovered it is best to stay off the roads on public holidays if I can possibly help it.

If the weather is nice, there are things I can do in the garden.  If it isn’t nice, I might just curl up with a book!

Have an awesome happy day ๐Ÿ˜Š

Margaret.

 


HEADER PHOTO FOR JUNE 2023

This photo was taken in Autumn 2019 when I travelled over Arthurs Pass in the Southern Alps.  There are several places showing these rocky limestone outcrops, the most famous being Castle Hill (a place much loved by rock climbers but also fascinating to walk amongst the rocks).




15 comments:

  1. F instantly recognized Castle Hill. Great scenery. She reckons she lived a previous life round there somewhere. Perhaps they should call the public holiday Monarch's birthday and never change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header picture is amazing in a rugged sort of way. I hope you have good weather for your long weekend. Maybe you'll get those new plants potted up. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a good way to spend Kings Birthday Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new header, Margaret. Whatever the weather, I hope you enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also recognised the rocks and location Margaret - they are so very distinctive!
    A DGD and DGS both turned 13 recently... not sure how that happened so fast!
    Yes, we in this household are having difficulty calling it King's birthday. We will be staying home also - I dislike travelling on a public holiday, and have avoided it if at all possible for some years now.
    Your strawberry plants look really healthy
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a long weekend here too. Nothing to do with the King. We will definitely be keeping of the streets though the sunshine is a draw.
    Enjoy your Kings weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love listening to Will, who is six, when he chats about our ages, out of the mouths of innocents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am quite sure that for young children grandparents are akin to living relics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The banner looks so cold, brrrr.
    Yes, time flies by. Big Niece will be a teenager come August... can someone stop the time from running?
    Especially now that summer might come up (very cold today here).
    Enjoy the long weekend ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get a nice weekend, Margaret! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 10 years old is still a great age. My granddaughter is 10, just finishing up 4th grade, and she's so much fun and full of energy. Love your new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We ran into a few New Zealanders here in Ontario the other day. Great people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grands grow up way to fast! Happy 10th birthday to your Granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, new here. I know my grands think hubby and I are old relics...lol
    Have a super day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog. I love it when you leave a comment so please feel free to have your say. Have a great day! Margaret xx